1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Reality vs. Fiction

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Roger, Sep 5, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Roger
    Amused

Roger Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know what people think about this and IF I'm the only that does this. I have a very unhealthy view on my difficulties and it has me thinking that I need to go to a therapist. Although I don't have the money to pay for a therapist (I would like to use Talkspace, and if you ever need therapy it is a good site to use because you can chat with the therapist every day and they actually talk back each day, but it does cost over $100.)

Anyways, does anyone ever go through scenarios in your head as if your special someone is talking with you? For example, you're taking a walk and you're going through a situation in your head where they are talking to you and working out a plan - like plans to go to the beach tonight, go swimming, etc...?

I know it sounds stupid but I wanna know I'm not the only weird person that likes to torture yourself.

I like to give advice to people and encourage people, but when look in the mirror I can't take my own advice for some reason.

2. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Gay as a Bag of Skittles
    Beloved Member

Original Star Trek USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
    Ratings:
    +157 / 3 / -4
    I wouldn't feel comfortable advising you as a therapist. If youre in the States you can go to social services or community services to ask for a social worker. Depending on what you need, you can probably get cheap or free counseling. Not by a license person but someone who can help sort things out in case you need one.

Another thing some churches have non religious counseling services as they have immigration classes when I taught at Catholic charities (nationwide organization) or Saint Vincent de Paul. You don't need to be Catholic to receive services.

As for online forum, apps, etc Id advice against that. While there are doctors online they don't have a release form and other paperwork necessities that protect you from any misinterpretation and opinions posed as medical advice.

Churches, social services, community services board, and clinics can definitely help you on the right track. There are also youth groups if appropriate for you. Family counseling can give a good direction.

3. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,126 / 1 / -30
    If you have health insurance, you have some coverage for therapy -- see if you can afford the co-pay.
    That's called fantasizing, and I do it all the time. It's perfectly normal, albeit not especially useful.

4. Dru0511
    Nerdy

Dru0511 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Also, if you’re seeking a therapist, you can ask if they provide sliding scale services. Essentially, they charge you based on your income so that it’s affordable for you; you just have to show them a payslip.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.