1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender Quick Question

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Sam Potter, Jan 13, 2021.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Sam Potter
    Dancing

Sam Potter Pansexual Trans man:)
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    So me and my mom got into yet another argument about my identity. She claims that I don't act like a boy and that I never showed signs as a child. But to me I feel like I act like a boy and do boy things. I feel on the inside I am a boy. For real, I feel that I am internally male. I also know that even when I was young that something was off. I thought my parents had a baby boy and somehow turned me into a girl. But my mom claims that little kids don't have filters and that as a toddler I would have said that I was a boy. Does this invalidate my trans identity because it sure feels like it does. I have known for so long that something was off and I think I figured out why. I am trans but she wont believe me.

2. StarSplosion
    Sweettooth

StarSplosion Magical Girl In Training (๑òᆺó๑)
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +331 / 0 / -1
    Not everyone grows up showing signs of identifying as a gender that doesn't align with their birth sex. I never told my parents I was a girl when I was a toddler. Even when I tried really hard to be myself when I was 12, I still didn't tell them. My mom still has problems seeing me as a girl and can't seem to really agree that the signs were there and pretty obvious even when I tried my best to hide them. Not all parents seem to be able to accept their child for who they truly are.

This does not invalidate your true identity in the slightest. You know who you are better than anyone else.

3. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Funk Pirate The poly, naughty bi-trans futa ^^ happy to chat
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +998 / 0 / -0
    Yep no all of us have signs, I know I didn't, sure I can look back and say, 'o that makes sense' but it was more gender neutral than opposite.

Honestly its just about coming to understand how it feels, as I believe we all come to that realization. You feel it and you know it, its just that those around you simply don't believe you and that does knock your confidence about the feelings, but they are there and you know how you feel.

Don't let others dissuade you, you just need to double down in getting them to understand you, and in the end they don't, its their loss.

~Fiona.

4. Fuzzlez

Fuzzlez Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    That resonates with me so much. I've recently accepted that I'm transmasc after doing quite a bit of soul searching. It just feels right to me. What feels right to you? I think you already know. As someone wisely said here, "there's no such thing as 'trans enough' ". If you feel it to be true, then it is true and it's what you are.

For me, I'm obviously female on the outside, but feel mostly neutral and masculine leaning on the inside. I only feel faintly connected to the female binary because that's all I knew to be as a kid. Yet I felt like an outsider. Still do. It sounds like you have yourself figured out, so don't stress it and just be yourself. Your real self.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.