1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Questioning sexuality... help?

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by mayjailer, Oct 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 365 days old.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. mayjailer

mayjailer Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So a little about me, I'm 15 and I've been 100% comfortable with being gay (im a guy) until I starting questioning it.
    It all started last year after loosing my virginity to a guy, I totally cut him off and stopped talking to him shortly after ... why I did this I'm not sure. Ever since then I feel as if my sexuality has been changing. It's very hard to describe how I feel so I'll try my best. It almost feels as if a sexuality switch just flicks in and off every now and then, sometimes it can take a day, a week or even months. what I mean by it changing is sometimes I feel as if I'm attracted to guys and totally disgusted by girls, vice versa. Other times I feel attracted to both and sometimes I feel no attraction towards anyone at all. This brings the huge question.. am I asexual? Now I'm very comfortable with any sexuality but my thoughts and feelings are constantly changing. I have tried dating both genders and every time I end up cutting them off because I get completely weirded out when sexually feels as if it's changed from the time I started talking to them. I have had thoughts that I am asexual but because of puberty and hormones my body/mind isn't sure what to make out of anything. So my questions are, Is this normal? Is there a completely different sexuality I may belong to? Is my sexuality "fluid"? Any response/advice will help me a lot! Also feel free to ask more questions I'm completely comfortable answering anything. Thank you for reading.

2. Vicellus
    Smug

Vicellus Psych marathon in progress
    Premium Supporter Supporter Illuminate Beloved Member Techies

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -2
    This is pretty normal, you're just finding your sexuality. I guess you could indentify yourself as bisexual? It could also be a matter of lust, rather than sexuality. I mean, crushes don't last forever and you could see someone as perfect one day and see all the little problems the next day.

3. emp
    Wishful

emp Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    How close were you with these people? Look into demisexual and yea maybe asexual. Good luck!

4. mayjailer

mayjailer Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I knew them pretty well, I knew them for probably close to six or so months and liked them the whole way through... and it's not just the person I feel not attracted to it's the whole sex/gender. So when I would cut them off it wasn't necessarily because I didn't like them anymore it was more because I was feeling attracted to their gender in general.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 365 days old.