1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Question about my gender

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by chekaikuchashpp, Jul 31, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. chekaikuchashpp

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am a 16 years old high school student. I was born with the physical attributes of a female, but I later realized I identify as a male few years ago. Until now, I always thought I am transgender male, and I was being treated as a male at my boarding school.

But recently I started to realize I still don't think transgender male best describes my gender identity. I am asexual, and I think gender is definitely non-binary. I don't really care about my appearance. I wear whatever I like. It can be a dress, a suit, a boxer, or a lingerie. I would never categorize anyone by their gender. Instead, I see everyone as individuals.

However, I do feel things like 'brotherhood' which is mentioned a lot in my dorm, and being seen as a female in any way will make me feel uncomfortable. If on the ends of the gender spectrum are female and male, I think I can be anywhere from the middle to the male side.

What kind of gender am I and how should I show that?

2. unicorndice
    No Mood

unicorndice Helpful Member
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I think you may be on the masculine side of being a non-binary individual just by what you've mentioned here. However, your identity is ultimately up to you.

3. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,208 / 2 / -1
    Welcome to a safe and wonderful site.

I find it interesting that you never talk about sex but what gender you are.

When I first accepted myself I said I was fifty/fifty on the male to female spectrum of gender, leaning more towards female.

I am now in women' clothing the majority of the time and very happy.

Take your time and search your soul and heart and embrace and accept that of what you are, even when it changes.

Here if you wish to talk - just start a conversation.

Peace and a soft gentle hug - Jo

4. Alex85

Alex85 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hello I am new here and was just browsing. I relate to your post.

I am 34, female sex but always wondered if I was ftm. My experiences and my relationships have changed my perspective on my gender because like you I feel we should wear what we like. I also still have feminine traits even though the majority of me is masculine.

I now identify as transmasculine.

5. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,208 / 2 / -1
    Hi you and I accepted myself at age 62 as non binary. I am male for sex and lean female for gender.

I wear mostly women's clothing, earrings, perfume etc.

I have no plans to transition.

I have not been happier since I accepted and learned to love myself.

I hope you have the same success.

Peace to you - Jo

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.