1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

PTSD and CPTSD

Discussion in 'Disability' started by Joan_24, Oct 6, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Joan_24

Joan_24 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I realize that this is a sensitive topic. Trigger warnings: childhood trauma/abuse -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have PTSD due to childhood abuse. I identify as Panromantic Demisexual. Is there anyone here who has PTSD or CPTSD who also identifies as being on the Ace/Aro spectrum?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#1 Joan_24, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  2. DrivenByHope
    Balanced

DrivenByHope When the eighth played his piece revealed light
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yes there is I have psychosis, PTSD and anxiety and I gained it through an emotional and physically abusive childhood there were also other factors involved though if tell people they think I'm insane. My PTSD gives me short flashbacks to my childhood and other memories of my life at random times I start realizing things I didn't notice at first from those memories small details that made no sense or really freaks me out. I can only relate to the PTSD part I don't identify as aro or ace.

3. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,212 / 0 / -4
    I'm sorry to hear you experienced childhood abuse. I have as well and also have PTSD from it. I'm homoromantic and not really interested in sex. However, I'm not certain whether I am truly asexual or my large cocktail of psychiatric meds for PTSD and other things is just crushing my sexual desires. Either way, you're not alone.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.