1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Psychosis

Discussion in 'Disability' started by DrivenByHope, Feb 10, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. DrivenByHope

DrivenByHope Hopeful
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Just curious, anyone else here who's diagnosed with psychosis? I was diagnosed when I was 13 with psychosis, PTSD and anxiety I usually write poetry about it things I see, hear or have happened in my past.

2. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,865 / 0 / -3
    I am technically not psychotic but I do have people in my head who talk to me. I hear them in my mind, not with my ears. I am aware they are not real but they can still be annoying sometimes. I too have PTSD and anxiety. In addition, I have autism. Professionals think the voices are a result of my autism, PTSD or a combination. I too like to write about my voices since some of them are interesting. The funny thing is voices are actually part of what led me to this forum as I had some homophobic voices for a while. Now it's a little over two years later and I love it here and am a moderator so I guess the voices are good for something after all.

3. DrivenByHope

DrivenByHope Hopeful
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I hear voices a lot never really tell what they say they usually matter words like 'help us' or speak another sort of language.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,865 / 0 / -3
    Oh okay, I haven't had any speak other languages.

5. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,323 / 0 / -1
    My current diagnosis is Bipolar II, General Anxiety Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Dysorder.

When I'm at my best I feel like I could be normal but I'm rarely like that. I'm depressed and anxious more often than not and my sleeping pattern is nuts. I have both critical and helpful voices. Sometimes the speak so loud that I say what they say or even do what they tell me to do. When I'm manic I'm silly usually. Silly or irritated. It depends. My mental illness causes me a lot of issues in my day to day life. This forum and others have helped. I have found friends and even a datemate and things are better but I'm still a long way from learning how to succeed while having these disabilities.

6. DrivenByHope

DrivenByHope Hopeful
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I understand my illness causes me usually got me pretty violent but I think most of it came from a violent childhood or that thing my family saw in that house idk my childhood was just violent and creepy and probably led me to get these stupid illnesses.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.