1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Platonic Love

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by DarkBanana, Jan 12, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. DarkBanana

DarkBanana Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    What you think about platonic love?
    Do or did you have some experiences with platonic love?

I am just curious because sometimes I feel weird because of my platonic crushes. Well here is my "platonic love" story.
    Personally I had 2 platonic crush in my life until now. I kinda like it, but I dont know why.
    My first platonic crush was woman,who 10 years older than me. She has boyfriend and I am totally sure she is heterosexual. I knew that I have no chance to be with her, but I love her. And more important I respect her more than anybody else. She kinda "take care" of me, always helped me. She was little bit mother-friend for me -she always made me do the right thing even if I didnt want to...Also she was the first person I admited to that I am lesbian. We were good friends but 6 months ago we said goodbye to each other: we went our separate ways. It was first "hard goodbye" in my life. I know her only for 3 years, but when I said goodbye to her, I felt so shitty.

My second platonic crush came into my life recently... Two months ago. Again she is older and she had kid already. Again no chance I could have some relationship with her. But thats ok. I just like the feeling make her happy, see her and her kid happy. I just would do anything for her...

I think is nice to love and respect somebody and dont expect the same feeling from that person. You cant be dissapointed after.

//Sorry if there is something badly written, english is not my first language//

2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Well-Known Ambassador
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,280 / 0 / -1
    I am blessed to have a platonic Love who means the world to me. We are both married and there is no sexual desire on either part.

We know each others weakness and strength and love each other unconditionally.

We know by looking into each other eyes or listening to the person talk if we need extra love and attention.

There is a part of Greys episode that has this in it as well. My therapist referred me to it as it shows there is nothing wrong with our love for each other.

My lover is also my Angel who helped me accept myself as non binary and stood by me in court when I changed my name.

Hope this helps and you English is just fine.

Enjoy your blessings Jo

3. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox

Ratings:
    +1,833 / 0 / -0
    Platonic love is amazing, as an asexual I love to be able to have intimacy with someone without having to worry about it developing into a relationship with sexual tension (from their side). With the relationship not being romantic in nature (I'm married so I'm settled for romance) it allows me to be emotionally intimate with that person without either of us having to think "was that a hint that they want it to be something else?"

I have such a relationship with a co-worker...we love being together, we miss each other when our schedules don't match, we hug, we kiss, we give each other little gifts and just looking each other in the eye is enough to make us happy. And it's such a freedom not having to worry about "where the relationship is going" because it's not going anywhere; what we have now is all we'll ever have and that's plenty.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  4. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Well-Known Ambassador

Ratings:
    +1,280 / 0 / -1
    Corvus - I am very happy for you and you are right, it is wonderful.

5. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox

Ratings:
    +1,833 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Always the sweetheart <3

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.