1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Pictures

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Judith Bisby, Mar 31, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Judith Bisby
    Sweettooth

Judith Bisby Lady Androgyne
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    didnt there used to be a way to simply add pictures to posts? That doesnt seem to be the case anymore? Did that change, or am i not finding it?

2. BiBiLife
    Eat Me

BiBiLife ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,098 / 3 / -6
    If you want to use a picture you found online, you can simply drag and drop it into your post (not sure how that works on mobile). If it's something from your personal files, you will have to submit it to our media section to have it approved by moderators first.

3. Judith Bisby
    Sweettooth

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. Additional question: I tried to upload to pictures to an album, but they keep showing up upside down, even if if manually put them upside down first. And they are not the kind of pictures where viewing them upside down could make sense so I would prefer getting them right side up

4. BiBiLife
    Eat Me

BiBiLife ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,098 / 3 / -6
    That's odd. Does saving them in the right orientation on your device first, and then uploading them make a difference?

5. Judith Bisby
    Sweettooth

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    thats what i tried to begin with. unless you mean something else that i dont understand

6. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -14
    I’m coming in very late here but what is ‘our media section’? I gave up attempting to upload images stored on my Mac etc . Now that on line image storing services are all charging exorbitant fees I no longer use them.

7. BiBiLife
    Eat Me

BiBiLife ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,098 / 3 / -6
    Judith Bisby That's what I meant. I'm not sure what else you could do with that, unfortunately.

john1010101 It's a bit confusing. At the top of the page, there's a drop-down menu labeled "Media". To upload pictures, click "Add Media". Then you'll have to choose whether to add your file to a site category (life, animals, etc.) or an album. Once you've chosen, then you can upload something from your personal files. However, no one will be able to see it until it is first approved by moderators.

8. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -14
    Thanks for that. I’ll struggle with the process later today. I’m busy making quince jelly which from now on will require constant stirring.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.