1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Our Islamic government in Iran and its strange rules!

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Soheil, May 22, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Soheil
    Sunshine

Soheil Linguaphile extremist...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Hello,
    I want you to know how they rule my country. I will share some of the hot news here to show you how unbelievable it is.

--------
    It is Ramadan month here and it is forbidden to eat in public! If you do, you could face 74 lashes.

--------
    This Iranian woman has been summoned to court for singing solo. If you want to be a free woman in Iran you have to risk your life every day because singing, dancing, cycling, swimming, entering stadiums & even felling the wind in your hair is forbidden in the Islamic Republic. (OP)

#1 Soheil, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. Soheil
    Sunshine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    (It's compulsory for women to cover their hair in public)
    Brave Iranian woman to a cleric who wants to force her to wear hijab: I won’t put my hijab on! Leave me alone you stupid man.

3. MyNameIsLuis

MyNameIsLuis Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    That sucks. There are some places in the West that I bet wouldn't mind having such barbaric laws. If punishing a woman for being raped and getting pregnant is fair game; then why not force them to cover their faces too? Otherwise they may tempt poor men who can't control themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Kattt91

Kattt91 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These make me feel sad but thanks for sharing

5. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Bornunderabadsign Transfeminine Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,114 / 0 / -1
    The governments of the world, especially those that have governments that base their government off of religious practices, need to be destroyed so that the people can form better ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Soheil
    Sunshine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Recently some arguably insane lawmakers in here (The Islamic Republic of Iran) utterly demolished a bid to outlaw the marrying of girls aged nine to 13. Why? Because of the story of Muhammad’s marriage to Aisha who was six years old at the time. (They started having proper sex after she turned nine.) I don’t see anything more heartbreakingly creepy than literally defending and even promoting child rape.
    [​IMG]

A random picture of an Iranian girl (Did Aisha look like this? Who knows.)

To those who argue over Aisha’s age: THAT’S NOT THE BLOODY POINT! Aisha may as well have never existed. How’s that relevant?

To those who are saying my answer is biased: What I described is a FACT in the IRI ‘s legal code which is based on Sharia. [1]There is nothing biased or even subjective about it. (Other than the fact that I find it creepy)

Footnotes
    [1] Iran Won’t Outlaw Marriage of Under-13 Girls, as Islamic Countries Fare Worst in Annual Gender Survey

Original post from Quora:
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-perfectly-legal-but-creepy-as-hell/answer/Kamiab-Ghorbanpour

7. Soheil
    Sunshine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
  8. BiBiLife
    Stressed

BiBiLife Forever in debt to your priceless advice.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,358 / 2 / -6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. MyNameIsLuis

MyNameIsLuis Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    It's basically legalized pedophilia (at least in some cases). I'm happy to see that people are finally speaking about the issue.

Have you ever seen videos of Muslims defending this on the Atheist Experience? If not, I recommend you watch them on YouTube. It's sickening, but an interesting look into the minds of people who have no problem justifying this shit.

10. Soheil
    Sunshine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Defending what? Marrying a 9 years old girl? No, I am not familiar with that place.
    But we have millions of ex-Muslims here and I've seen their debates with the Iranian Islamists on the Internet. Our Islamists are a bit more civilised! :) ) They usually don't defend it. At least not for 9 years old girls. Maybe they say it's ok to marry when they're 15-16, But they don't dare to say it about 9-year-old girls. They usually say the story is fake and Aisha wasn't 9 years old but about 20 years old (I don't remember the exact number) Or some others may say it was different in the past and a 9 years old girl used to have a body like an older girl of nowadays.
    Anyway, They don't do anything to prevent families from marrying their kids. It is usual in some regions of the country!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2019 ---
    30 Men and Women Arrested for Attending Mixed Yoga Classes in Golestan

The deputy provincial attorney of Golestan reported that 30 men and women were arrested for attending a “mixed” Yoga class in “inappropriate clothing”.

According to Solaimani, after monitoring the house where the class was held, on Thursday the agents arrested “almost 30 men and women in highly inappropriate clothing, and the person in charge of the class was delivered to judicial authorities.”

https://iranintl.com/en/iran-in-bri...rrested-attending-mixed-yoga-classes-golestan

#10 Soheil, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  11. MyNameIsLuis

MyNameIsLuis Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

Yes. I meant they defend marrying a 6 yo girl. The argument is usually: "he married a 6 yo, but he waited until she was 9 to have sex with her." LOL. Like that makes it any better.

They never say what denomination of Islam they belong to, but I know there are differences of opinions among the different "branches". Just like Christianity.

Radical Christians aren't any better when they defend slavery, incest, pedophilia and all the other crazy shit found in their bibles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Soheil
    Sunshine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    #12 Soheil, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  13. KitKat2001

KitKat2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or how about this alternative, we just do our best to rid the world of extremism?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,114 / 0 / -1
    That would be better. However when one person or group of people own all that you know. When all the decision makers are selfish and hoard what belongs to all of a nations people. Who hide behind things like faith and tradition or weapons so terrible that shouldn't exist. Sometimes a people or even the people of the world have to do terrible things to right the wrongs of the world. Some times you have to burn out the rot so new things can grow. And when a people do that then when they appoint new leaders from their ranks they best make the new leaders bury the ruined bodies of those that came before so that they can remember that no authority rules forever and that the right to rule isn't derived from anything other than the will of those that they rule.

15. KitKat2001

KitKat2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I see where you are coming from but coming from a heavily religious background, and then meeting my birth family who are muslim id just say that what this place needs is acceptance. i dont think tradition and faith are bad things but its when any difference of those become a crime against the state and not the parents. by the "norms" of this world i shouldnt be accepted in my family, either of them. but i am. its just acceptance and tolerance aka happiness and the understanding that there are so many ways in this world to be happy. we just need more good people but ive seen horrible actions from both sides of the isle. We, meaning our community are no different in my opinion, than the side of the isle your comments are about. i think we have forgotten that there is more that unites us than divides us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,114 / 0 / -1
    I get where you are coming from and I agree. I hope you don't think I'm an islamophobe because I don't think I am. I'm critical of all organized religion especially when it has a bit to much involvement in state policy no matter where it is.

I wasn't alive when it happened but I really don't think the Iranian Revolution of 1979 was a good thing. Yes, I may be biased and I may have a desire for democratic governments over monarchies even limited ones but in this case it wasn't so much a democracy as it was the establishment of a dictatorship dressed up to look like a democracy.

Iran is under the leadership of a right wing extremest just like we are in the United States at the moment Trump or people like him haven't been in power as long. Maybe Pahlavi was too liberal for his time and even was a bit oppressive and too friendly with the West but he was replaced by people his polar opposite. That couldn't have been good for the people of Iran.

I don't have the answers and maybe my solutions are a bit brutal. I just want basic human rights everywhere and using religion to keep a country in the dark age just rubs me the wrong way.

17. KitKat2001

KitKat2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with you, there are places that are ruled by less than reputable means for sure. I wish it were different but I also see a problem in forcing the hand. acceptance is the only way to go and coming from a religious background/mindset id just always prefer to practice the turn the other cheek method ya know? I mean how are we different if we are choosing to force people to live a certain way, in such a way that LGBTQ is accepted, where anyone is accepted. may not be violent sure but that makes the exact same as those that are already doing the oppressing. For me, for now, I'm choosing to accept them even if their viewpoint doesn't include me being happy. if anything im showing them there is a better way to be. and who better to show us the better path then those we are against? that is when lessons hit the hardest. acceptance is the ultimate goal. if someone believes the bible and wants to practice that religion i want them to be able to do that, because that is how they are finding happiness. may not be perfect now but i say show our class, show everyone that we are amazing even if they dont agree with everything, thats how things get better and then stay better. also no worries lol i dont think you are a phobe of anyone or anything. it is fun though discussing things like this with people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,114 / 0 / -1
    I like discussing and debate (as long as it doesn't degrade to mud slinging) myself as well. I don't think the United States or any country other than Iran should be involved with the structure of its own government. A country should only change if the people of that country decide that it is right to change. The United States and our allies have already done more harm than good in the Middle and Near East.

19. KitKat2001

KitKat2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ya if it wasnt for extremism that arose post ww1 it would look alot different. i mean the alternative is literally the Ottoman Empire. im pretty lucky to be a baby of the entire middle east and turkey and greece. The usa and allied states really was a good thing until extremism. after that ya know tempers from both sides got hot and as sad as it is the countries of the world are about power or land grabs or resource hoarding. all the world has to do is call me for the answer and i could fix it but they wont so here we are lol

20. Jianghu
    Procrastinating

Jianghu I got a big mouth
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    It's not just about gender issues, though traditional patriarchy is certainly one of the biggest obstacles. Muslim-majority countries have been struggling with modernization for so long that it's hard to believe they'll ever escape the prison of the past.

The longer they delay in adapting their societies, the further they fall behind - because countries like China, India, Vietnam, which are less burdened by religious dogma, are scrambling to catch up with the "developed" world.

Even Turkey, once the most progressive of Islamic nations, is moving backwards. The brightest hope for a moderate Islam might be Malaysia and Indonesia, but I'm not holding my breath, considering how rampant homophobia is there.

I think Iran is condemned to stagnate and waste its potential in part because of its location in the Gulf, where the combination of oil wealth and Holy Land rivalries seems to offer no possibility of compromise. What a shame, when you think of how much intellect and cultural refinement Iranian civilization has to offer.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.