1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

On the same day as the TG military tweet...

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by angel70, Jul 29, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,645 / 1 / -15
    In the uproar over Trump's tweets announcing his intention to ban the transgendered from military service, his Justice Department involved itself in a case of job discrimination against a gay man -- in support of discrimination, of course.

The case involved a Long Island skydiving instructor. He was taking a woman for a tandem jump, which required that she be tightly bound against his body. To make the woman (and her husband, who also was there) more comfortable with that idea, he told the woman he was gay.

Later, the husband complained to the instructor's employer, and the instructor was fired. Under Obama, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) went to court to get the instructor's job back, under Title IX. According to the Obama administration, Title IX protects against job discrimination based on sexual preference.

The Trump administration disagrees, and had Justice file an amicus brief supporting the firing, in opposition to the case presented by the EEOC. If the court finds against the plaintiff, it's bad news for gays and lesbians. Discrimination based on sex, race, ethnicity, and age will remain illegal -- but it will be open season on gays and lesbians.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. Sho

Sho (Seth) a partially anonymous bisexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
  3. Emiliano
    Tired

Emiliano Coney Island Baby
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    But I thought NY state has its own anti discrimination laws regarding sexual orientation and employment ?

4. PaxAeon
    Spaced

PaxAeon Bene Gesserit
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +857 / 0 / -16
    The "friend of the court" brief filed by the trump administration extends only to federal courts. People can still sue in the state courts and win. However, there is not nor ever was a specific civil rights or EEOC law that guarantees the rights of the LGBT in the work environment. Moreover, Attorney General Sessions has issued directives to his DOJ that Gay workers are not protected by law and no resources should be directed towards that. See;
    Sessions’ Gratuitous Attack on Gay Workers

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Nikos

Nikos "Running away is even worse than losing"
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -4
    Disgusting...I'm not bothering with politics but this is simply sad...

6. mussell
    Balanced

mussell got the heart of honey badger
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    4 years of this crap..4 long years

7. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Valarmorghulis Opai dragon !
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 20 / -287
    To be honest they do have quite a bit of ground to stand on. (bear in mind I'm not condoning it) but technically gender dysphoria is a mental condition and the military (is not supposed to) hire people with mental instability. (yes i know they do) added to that the treatment for gender dysphoria (could) be considered as cosmetic and thus the military doesn't really want to fund it as part of general healthcare.

8. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Wisdomatic

CoffeeUnicorn34 ◆Thief King Bakura◆
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0 / -1
    Thank you for relaying this story, angel70-sama. It's much appreciated.

Let me get this straight, because this instructor relayed the fact that he was gay, he was fired, JUST. BECAUSE....HE...WAS.GAY...WOW...here I thought we were living in 2017 where that shit shouldn't even be an issue. I must have took a wrong turn in my time machine because despite having all of this "cutting edge tech" (most of which I don't really give two shits about, except maybe things relating to audio and music, and animations).
    [​IMG]
    The point is, because of the administration of assery and dumbassery, we are going backward and not forwards. I know this isn't really much of a surprise to me, just seriously fucking disappointing. What I am mostly disappointed in is the fact that these...dumbasses in the government are just ALLOWING this shit to happen. It disgusts me to no end. I was going to try to type this response up in the most objective way possible but that isn't possible because this affects me and all of my LGBTQ+ brothers and sisters.
    [​IMG]
    What saddens me most about this whole thing is that we still even have to deal with this shit. Looks like Darth Cheeto lied about being an "ally to the LGBTQ+ community", yet he couldn't even hold the bloody flag PROPERLY and he issued an "executive order for religious freedom". Religious freedom for who exactly? Bloody "Christians" who use their bloody bibles to bible bash anypony who isn't like them? Yeah that's real Christian-like *sarcasm*
    [​IMG]
    Now this isn't about the religious freedom acts which I've bitched about plenty on other threads that have contained that subject. But the matter of the fact remains, I thought we were passed this petty bullshit of firing somepony just cause they LGBTQ+ or whatever, it is just bullshit, I'm sorry I'm calling for what it is, BULLSHIT! It is uncalled for.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, I kind of got off on a tangent, to address the post subject, it saddens me that a person lost their job because they just said they were gay. That is heartbreaking and just uncalled for. So what is the Ass monkey administration going to do? Call for a PBA on all LBGTQ+ peoples. There are A LOT of us! That's alright, that's alright, we will remember this actrocity that has been committed, I'm remembering, believe me. An attack on one, is an attack on US ALL! I don't give a bloody damn what anypony says, this is an attack on human kind as we know it. The truth will come out in the wash. It always does.
    [​IMG]
    But we WILL GET THROUGH THIS! This is just a bump in the road, nopony said it would be easy. Just means we will just have to rally together and fight back even harder. That's alright, winter is coming....
    [​IMG]

#8 CoffeeUnicorn34, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:13 AM
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 9:15 AM
  9. AudryLeigh
    Boxed In

AudryLeigh tGirl and Dedicated Advisor
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +595 / 0 / -12
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that Trump and Putin were fucking each other - literally. Both homophobes, tightly locked in their closet, and scared to death of who they really are. People who show aggression against LGBT+ people are usually really afraid of themselves and get mentally screwed up because of a lifetime of denial. They even both look rather like "Nancy Boys", despite all of Putin's bravado and pictures of him as the "Great White Hunter", killing innocent animals. He sure likes to show off his bare chest a lot. He looks like a gay "hunk". And Trump looks (and acts) like his submissive little Girl Friend. Wouldn't it be a hoot, if somebody outed them?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. mussell
    Balanced

mussell got the heart of honey badger
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    audreyleigh I was thinking the exact same thing LOL

11. AudryLeigh
    Boxed In

Ratings:
    +595 / 0 / -12
    I wonder how many other people have thought the same thing.

Audry

12. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 Great Learner
    Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    No, Putin likes his male meat young and pretty. The reality is much more obscene than bending Trump over.[​IMG] However, the image insertion software on this site totally defeats me so I can't illustrate the nastiness of the real political situation.

I've finally figured out the image insertion software here - -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#12 john1010101, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:42 AM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 5:35 AM
  13. AudryLeigh
    Boxed In

Ratings:
    +595 / 0 / -12
    Too bad your image didn't come through.

14. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm going nuts trying to figure out the image attachment software on this site.
    [​IMG]

#14 john1010101, Aug 12, 2017 at 2:55 AM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 3:00 AM
  15. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 20 / -287
    you need to upload it to an image hosting site such as imgur and then copy the link into the 'insert image box'

16. Zima Blue
    Cynical

Zima Blue Genderfluid transgender person MTF she/her Pan
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -12
    Yea Val, it just seems like such a backwords idiotic way to do it. We can choose a pic from our puter and use it as an avatar. Why the fck cant we do the same when we make a post? Seems unessesarely complicated to me.
    On other sites this is possible, then why not on this? How old are the software that runs this site anyways?

17. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I know and have been doing that on other sites for years but for some reason it's not working here.

18. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 20 / -287
    no idea. Sadly the owner of the site isn't around to fix it.. assume it has something to do with the forum code. Maybe the inability to actually host the images? needing a sort of 'third party' to host them. Bleh if you wanna go chase the site owner out from wherever he is be my guest :p  good luck !

19. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,645 / 1 / -15
    Apparently, there's a way of uploading images to the "Media" section, because people do it -- but I can't figure out how.

20. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 20 / -287
    you gotta make an album and submit images to it.