1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual Now I'm confused

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by charlie ell, May 14, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. charlie ell

charlie ell Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay so I'm 16. I've been out as bisexual since I was 13 and recently I'm kinda questioning myself.

I've dated girl's in the past and have really enjoyed it but it feels like now I just want a guy. I used to think I was like 70 to guys and 30 to girl's but now I feel like i have practically no interest in girl's.

The thing is I don't feel like I had a phase. And I don't feel like I've grown out of it. I don't know if it's maybe the pressure of have you had a boyfriend and had sex yet, or if maybe I'm just not interested right now?

2. Reiichiru
    Anime Lover

Reiichiru Nico!
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    Well life as a teen has lots of change. I'm personally convinced everyone should just be Z between 10-22 and make a choice after lol. So people don't have to deal with worries about phases and how they'll be seen.

It's common enough among bi folk to really be aware of the fluidity of sexuality and romantic attraction. You could go months or years without being interested in girls. Some people might say they're straight in that time, others would say they're bi.
    I think it doesn't matter much. That you're open to being with women is enough to make you no, Imo. Even if you aren't drawn to any particular women.
    Maybe you just haven't met any cute/hot girls in a few months lol.

I'm dating a guy, but for months I just feel love for him and "holy shit that girl is cuuute" and nothing about other men. But last week I bumped into a very good looking guy and was like "oh yeah guys other than my bf are hot too *u*"

Point is: don't worry! You are you!!

3. MechaFrankie
    Surrender

MechaFrankie Reliable Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -2
    I have to agree 1000% with this idea. I have seen exactly this happen sooo many times during my life! Slow down and just live your life is my opinion. But that's just me. Peace.

4. Larry45
    Benevolent

Larry45 Amateur bisexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 0 / -2
    Exactly, I’m kind of glad I accepted my bisexuality later in my life. Yes would have been too confused when I was younger

5. mike300

mike300 Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -1
    u are so young , u have time to make your choice...meanwhile, enjoy your youth!

6. Reiichiru
    Anime Lover

Reiichiru Nico!
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your support guys! ^__^

It's not that we don't think you can make your own choices, or that we think you're going through phrases. But you can limit your choices by picking something too soon, or feel peer pressure to date certain people, or to not date certain people... I know it's upsetting to not have a word to explain what you feel or to group yourself with. It can cause you a lot of stress.

Maybe it's okay to just say, "I'm attracted to who I'm attracted to, and I love whoever I love."?
    but maybe that's just easy for a bi person to say?! lol

7. MechaFrankie
    Surrender

MechaFrankie Reliable Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -2
    I think these kind of sites make it easy to be able to put things out there and test the waters for a lot of people. For me it has been more of a place for me to try to start loving myself. Even though I have known forever that I am a gay male, I lived my life as a hetro male being married for many years and in another hetro relationship for 5+ years, I would never consider myself bi sexual really. Because even though the relationships were both good. I was never really sexually happy. Emotionally yes and cared more about my partners happiness than my own. But now it's becoming more about me. I feel I no longer have to fit that outdated box of hetro relationships. So I'm starting to shed the disdain of myself not being born hetro. Idgaf anymore ;) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.