1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual Not sure...

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by Luna93, Jul 28, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Luna93
    Insomnious

Luna93 Questioning 4ever
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I’m 26 and I’ve been questioning for a while and I wonder if I am attracted to some extent to men and women? Is it possible to be only romantically attracted to men but only sexually attracted to women? I feel like I can never bond emotionally with a woman but I can spill my thoughts and feelings with a man (even in a platonic sense). I also don’t have any interest in sleeping with a man but I’ve had sexual thoughts and fantasies about women, definitely one in particular that I still think about even after a year... LOL. I just wish I was both romantically and sexually attracted to men, but that just hasn’t happened...

#1 Luna93, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. JustAnji

JustAnji Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I don't have the answers and I'm not an expert, but I think it is possible to have differing interests/romantic/sexual attraction to men and women. I wish you luck on your journey! (I'm fairly new in my journey as well so I still have a lot to learn and experience).
    ~Anji

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,208 / 2 / -1
    When you can, take a moment and close you eyes and take a deep breath, hold and slowly let it out.

You are in a safe place and totally relaxed and you mind is clear of all preconceptions.

You look into your soul for who you are, knowing that person is perfect and who you are.

It is what your soul and heart tells you. And if that mean you cannot fall in love with a woman, that is who you are. From what you wrote, men are really not in the picture. It is just a questions if you can Love with all you heart a woman? Or just wish the pleasure of wonderful sexual encounter.

Accepting and loving who you are can be hard when the world tells us we are wrong.

In our world, you are a beautiful person and never forget that.

Long soft hug filled with hope and love - Jo

4. Luna93
    Insomnious

Luna93 Questioning 4ever
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jo A. Yeah I worry that I cannot fall in love with a woman but I have a strong attraction towards them. It might just be physical/sexual. I have yet to have a romantic or emotional connection to another woman. I want to say that I have had crushes on women before but I'm still not sure... Because I have attachment issues and I can't seem to make a connection. I can't seem to act romantic with women. I just feel weird and pathetic. I do want to feel that connection, it's been bugging me every single day lol.

Yeah I only felt an attachment towards one guy in my life, but it was definitely romantic. Sexually I never had those thoughts towards him but we never got together so idk if there was a chance that those feelings could have developed later. But I also never had sexual thoughts towards guys in general.

#4 Luna93, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  5. BiBearSSNV
    Caffeine Fix

BiBearSSNV Daddy Bear
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    I feel where you are coming from. I think with me it is similar in that I am mostly emotionally attracted to women, less physically. I would say about 70% emotional with women and 30% physical. With men, it is just the opposite about 30% emotional and 70% physical. This will probably change tomorrow, or 15 minutes from now.

I think the important part is to not dwell on those percentages, or whether you fit into a category and what that category is, but to be you. Be attracted to who you are attracted to and don't worry if ANYONE disagrees with you. Be patient you will find your soulmate!

In the meantime, you are young! Enjoy it. Sew some seeds, till some crops, explore and LIVE! You will stumble on the right person. The person that is that soulmate that you can live the rest of your life with and not be so concerned with whether or not they get your rocks off. Though the getting of rocks off is NOT overrated.

6. Luna93
    Insomnious

Luna93 Questioning 4ever
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Aw thank you for responding. Yeah I think if I am more emotionally attracted to one gender I should stick with that gender. I think I am probably hetero or at least bi-curious. I don't see a future with a girl, and that has been consistent for a while. I don't see that changing for me. I can see how that can change for others though.

I will try to enjoy life and not be so concerned about my sexual orientation. :) 

7. AhhDenial

AhhDenial Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    oo heck yea. There's all kinds of classifications for bisexuality (don't really follow them) and have heard similar things from other bi peeps. Some feel emotional attachment only to one and only sexual attraction to the other and everything in between. Also have heard of it changing over time.

I feel emotional and sexual attraction to women and only sexual attraction to men, at least so far. Men are kind of more comfortable there just feels like less pressure in a sense and sexual acts are more straightforward and nsa. With women it is more emotionally intense and complex. It's hard to describe I guess, that's basically in a nutshell how it works for me.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.