1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Not sure what to do about my brother...

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Clare.W, Apr 15, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Clare.W

Clare.W Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 2 / -0
    Hey everyone. It's been a while. So basically my brother goes to the same college I do and I haven't come out to him yet. I've been wanting to for a while and once I come out to him I can at least start dressing somewhat feminine and actually be me once he knows. I'm just super scared that he wont accept me. I dont think he would have a big problem with it but I thought that about my mom and that was a shit show.
    Hes also transfering to a new job location with a promotion and I dont want to add more on his plate. I've had several opportunities to tell him but every time I was about to my throat would tighten up so I could barely talk. I've written a letter to him just in case I need a back up plan but I want to tell him in person.
    If anyone has any advice please let me know. It would be highly appreciated.

In some good news I found an apartment to move into next month so that I dont have to live in a dorm with a bunch of guys. So yay.

Anyways. Hope everyone else is doing good.

~Claire

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Bornunderabadsign
    Blah

Bornunderabadsign Transfeminine Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,349 / 0 / -3
    It is hard to tell people who you are when you have been someone else for so long. I can count on one hand the number of people I've told face to face on one hand. I don't know what to tell you but to just do it. Keep trying until you succeed in saying those words. It us scary but it is the absolute best way. I hope you can do it. I'm sending good vibes and strength your way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Funk Pirate The poly, naughty bi-trans futa ^^ happy to chat
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Hi Claire,

I agree with Born, its just about coming out with it. It does take courage and I can understand how you feel after telling your mum did not go well. But you know your brother and if you think he will be supportive, he probably will.

Just know this, that once you tell him it will feel like a very heavy weight has lifted. Be sure to have the letter with you when you speak with him, just as a backup or mental support. Also make sure you are somewhere comfortable, where you feel relaxed as that can help also.

Hope this helps.

~Fiona.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.