1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

nonbinary or demigirl?

Discussion in 'Agender/Non-Binary/Fluid' started by Amy Tarver, Jul 24, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Amy Tarver

Amy Tarver Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i was afab, but i never felt a 100% connection with the terms girl or woman. i currently identify with the label non-binary, because i feel like my gender is somewhere between male and female. however, i do identify somewhat more with the female gender, just not completely. i don’t want to use the label non-binary if i’m not truly non-binary because i feel like it would be disrespectful to people who are. however, i don’t have the same connection with the term demigirl, although it might be more technically accurate.

#1 Amy Tarver, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. Takusprite
    Musical

Takusprite Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    As far as I'm aware, "nonbinary" encompasses many other gender identity labels, including demigirl. The only time nonbinary wouldn't apply is if you strictly adhered to either cis-male/cis-femle or the binary versions of trans-man/trans-woman. And even those can all be gender nonconforming too...it's confusing, I know. Hopefully someone else can back me up or correct me.

But if you prefer non-binary over demigirl, that's completely fine!

3. yeeingmylasthaw
    Yeehaw

yeeingmylasthaw Disaster Pan™
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Non-binary can be used as an umbrella term for all gender identities that are not strictly binary male and binary female. As demigirl does fit under the non-binary umbrella, it is totally okay for you to use the term non-binary to describe your gender. Your gender doesn't have to be 100% separate from binary male and binary female to be non-binary.

4. Rinxie
    Wishful

Rinxie Just A Nobody
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    The short answer is usually, "if you think a certain label fits you, then you can use that label". If you think "nonbinary" describes you, then go ahead and call yourself nonbinary.

I'm AMAB. I don't consider myself to be male. I kind of identify with female, but not completely. I suppose I could be demigirl, but I use the term Nonbinary to describe myself because I think it expresses my gender better.

5. Demigod_Demigirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just use what your comfortable with, if your comfortable with non-binary then use non-binary and if your comfortable with demigirl use demigirl! As long as your comfortable use it!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.