1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Non-Binary Thread?!?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions, & Bugs' started by JadeKnight, Nov 16, 2016.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 14 users.
  1. JadeKnight
    Suicidal

JadeKnight Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1
    Being Non-Binary myself I've love to see a thread dedicated to this group of people along with the others in the list. It's people who feel genderless and even more like an outsider. Being Non-Binary is not about the type of person you are sexual attracted to, just how you feel yourself...

Just a suggestion...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    #1 JadeKnight, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. Being.
    Drama Queen

Being. I'm that bitch
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +444 / 1 / -8
    Non binary falls under transgender or gender queer, which makes it very hard for me. Mean no offence to the trangender community, but im not trans, im sometimes male, sometimes not.

3. Valarmorghulis
    Zorro

Valarmorghulis Rias gremory's pawn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 19 / -233
    same as being ^^ it is too specific if we made categories for every sexuality that was a deviation on a main one we would have loads of categories with very little in them. No offense to you and all. Also there is the small matter of the fact that this site might well be closing down soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Pupu
    Twitterin

Pupu Carrots are yummy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    What?? This site, might closing down??

Why??

5. purplehugs34
    Boner

purplehugs34 lil Skeleton
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,232 / 2 / -10
    It's not closing down,we're all good

6. DinoMom
    Cowabunga

DinoMom I am Moldovan, and we do things the Moldovan way!
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 2 / -49
    I have difficulty understanding the concept of being "genderless" or "third gender". Surely you must behave in a masculine or feminine way? If you didn't, wouldn't you would be doing nothing at all? Perhaps someone could explain it clearly, what it means when someone says they have no gender.

I have a lot of masculine behaviour for example - I'm essentially head of the household, with all the work I do and me having to nag everyone, and do jobs like construction as well as cooking and cleaning - and sometimes I feel like relaxing in my underwear and a t shirt and lazing on the sofa! But it never stopped me thinking of myself as a woman.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. MarineBlue
    Confused

MarineBlue MetroCastro
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I noticed this issue as well, I think maybe if there was one general category for nonbinary (including genderneutral, agender, demigender, genderfluid, etc) that it would have enough people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Valarmorghulis
    Zorro

Valarmorghulis Rias gremory's pawn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 19 / -233
    *sigh* there are 2 genders ...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Rude Rude x 1
    • List
  9. Avery35
    Benevolent

Avery35 "Lets have a war!"
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +323 / 2 / -17
    [​IMG]

10. RoseyWayzzz
    Suicidal

RoseyWayzzz Oliver Ross
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -2
    I would definitely like a non binary thread, because even though non binary falls into the trans community, everyone on that thread isn't that nice to me. Just because I'm agender.

11. Avery35
    Benevolent

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +323 / 2 / -17
    :rolleyes: ......

12. DefyingStereotypes
    Anime Lover

DefyingStereotypes Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I don't feel like a girl or a boy. That's the thing. I have generally masculine tendencies and generally feminine tendencies, but that doesn't specifically attribute to considering myself a female or a male. It's hard to understand as a concept in general, and is still super hard for me to understand so don't worry. It's hard to even explain. I'm not a male or a female. I don't feel like a male or a female. I don't know if that answers your question, it probably doesn't, but that's my point of view.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. AudryLeigh
    Feminine

AudryLeigh tGirl and Dedicated Advisor
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +482 / 0 / -8
    *sigh*
    Val, there are 2 sexes, there are a plethora of gender roles.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. AudryLeigh
    Feminine

Ratings:
    +482 / 0 / -8
    I really don't think non-binary falls under any category. Non-binary is non-binary, period. I do think it should have it's own forum here.

Non-binary simply applies to anyone who doesn't feel entirely male, or entirely female. Your sex is pretty much binary, unless you are transsexual or were born with genetic anomalies that gave you characteristics of both sexes. Gender, on the other hand, is so non-binary it's analog. Almost no one is at either of the binary ends of the gender spectrum, and there are an infinite number of points in that spectrum, between the binary ends (i.e. male or female).

Just for the sake of clarity, neither your sex nor your gender have any relationship to who you are attracted to. Your sex refers to your anatomy, and your gender to who you are, and how you present yourself. I do think for many people the concept of non-binary is confusing. Categories like gender-fluid, agender, bi-gender (totally not the same as bi-sexual), etc. are not easy to define for people with no experience with the concept. I'm still trying to fully understand some of these terms myself.

In any case, I would be in favor of a non-binary forum on this site, but because of the way the site is structured, and the top-level management, I doubt it will happen.

Sincerely,
    Audry Leigh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Badass

CoffeeUnicorn34 Bakura★Non Binary★Badass
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -1
    Personally I'd like to see a non-binary thread as well because I personally identify as such. I don't feel entirely male nor female yet I feel like both. Just because some of us identify this way does NOT MAKE US ANY LESS HUMAN.
    [​IMG]
    We are human just like everypony else. It would just be nice to those of us who don't follow the gender binary to have a place where we can feel safe and be able to discuss things related to non-binary folks like dysphoria among a multitude of subjects. So I fully support the establishment of a non-binary thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #15 CoffeeUnicorn34, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  16. Avery35
    Benevolent

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +323 / 2 / -17
    Why don't the mods just make this a sticky thread?? They have the power..they want a non binary thread so badly well there's the answer:rolleyes:  no one is saying you're less human if you identify as whatever gender out of the hundreds that are popping up

#16 Avery35, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  17. AudryLeigh
    Feminine

Ratings:
    +482 / 0 / -8
    It's not really a non-binary thread I'd like, but a non-binary forum. A thread is easy, but it is posts, not threads that are sticky, so in a non-binary thread, all that would stick would be the opening post. A forum would give the non-binary community a place like all the other groups that have their own forums, but (at this point) only the owner can make a new forum, and he doesn't seem inclined to make any changes, at this point.

Audry

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. anon_abstraction
    Chatty

anon_abstraction Renaissance Nerd
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    The first person I talked to when I started asking these questions was an a-gendered ace of spades. I was surprised when I joined that I didn't see a forum for a-gender or I guess the request here is for non-binary. I had questions and they (everyone in the room not just singular) started talking about the gender unicorn. There were a few people in the room and a few gendered pronouns were thrown around so it was clear not all of them were a-gendered (I guess? Pick your own pronouns) but all of them mentioned the gender unicorn. None of them in that room thought genders were binary. Could be they all knew them(their favored pronoun form) well so they were supporting them. But still.

Gender Unicorn: http://www.transstudent.org/gender

*Edit* The Gender unicorn is about gender not being binary. Guess I should have led with that.

#18 anon_abstraction, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  19. Jeremia
    Torn

Jeremia Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I don't see how non-binary would really fit under trans forum. At least not as "having feminine and masculine tendencies / attributes", mainly because femininity and masculinity are not genders. Also "feeling like both genders" if not accompanied with any mention of gender dysphoria, doesn't really seem like transgenderism either...

Terms and definitions aside tho, I don't mind non-binary people hanging out in trans forum, nor would I oppose them having their own forum... I feel like it's more of an "queer gender role" -thing than a trans thing.