1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual New here-Rant

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Evee, Jun 30, 2020 at 8:15 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Evee

Evee Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone! I’m from Texas I’m 28 Joined this chat group because I could use some reassurance that it’s okay to be me. I am bisexual and i have a beautiful daughter. I’ve came out to my best friends in high school and my daughters god mother they were very supportive but as years have gone by and I’ve come out more to a few close friends and family members it hasn’t been easy. Not to mention I’m scared for people to know because of how coming out could affect my work environment. I wish I could talk to someone about stuff like a girl I have a crush on and how I thinks she is pretty ect....but instead I’m filled with depression because I feel so alone, I feel trapped as if I’m suffocating inside with these feelings that I can’t be me. It makes me feel ashamed of who I like. Even though those who do accept my decision of dating women they still have told me they can’t give me the same advise they would as if it was a man because it’s not in their belief or religion so I’m always feeling stuck alone even though they say they support my decision. I’m sorry this went from one topic to a rant.

2. Katie Kate

Katie Kate Lurker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi Evee,
    it's okay to feel the way you do, I have felt it, and hundreds of other people in our community have felt the same way you have as well. We live in a world where most people are brought up on heterosexual ideals, in fact until someone in their lives is part of the LGBTQI community it's hard for them to understand or comprehend queer relationships. And that is okay. Its part of our responsibility to educate them, and if they care about you they will learn. If the people you are trying to talk to about this part of your life still aren't understanding or wanting to engage in conversation then you know where you both stand. It's frustrating when people your care about don't want to talk to you about part of your life, but sometimes all we can do is thank them for their time and move on.
    Remember your sexuality is only part of your life, and if you're not comfortable with sharing it with others then that is your prerogative. They have no right to any part of your life.

Your feelings are valid and important but don't let then control you! from what it sounds like you have a beautiful daughter and wonderful friends and if they care for you they will be there to listen and support you. You also have millions of people in the LGBTQI community that are here to support you. You are not alone, you are love and you should understand that we are here for you. x

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Evee

Evee Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Katie thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2020 at 5:43 PM ---
    Katie thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot!

#3 Evee, Jul 1, 2020 at 5:42 PM
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 5:43 PM
  4. buzzzer

buzzzer Hot Cookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I agree with what Katie Kate said. I believe a lot of us have been where you are. I'm a newbie here too and from what I have seen so far, you came to the right place for support and people to talk to. Best wishes!

5. Evee

Evee Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you buzzer, I do feel that I came to the right place and at the right time.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.