1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender Needing support

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Claire12, May 16, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Claire12
    Cool

Claire12 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    So I’ve really been struggling lately. I know I am trans (FTM) and I reached out to gender therapists but it was right when Covid-19 happened so I have not been able to see a gender therapist yet. I have no one to talk about this with because I honestly don’t know if my friends or family would be supportive or if I would lose them due to me being trans. I live on my own, I spend most of my time isolating myself. I feel like a burden and feel like I don’t belong in this world. It’s hard for me to reach out to people but I could really use some support.

2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,872 / 0 / -1
    You are not alone - Not here.

We cannot hold you when you need it but we can listen and be supportive.

My wife had cancer and could not get in to be rechecked until last week, so I understand just how crazy things are.

Not having support is hard but you are on the right path and should be proud of yourself.

It is hard but this is the time to look into your soul and see this is the person you are and love this person and that is the foundation you use to build on.

I am non binary (queer), male for sex and lean far to being female for gender with no plans to transition.

I wear women's cloths, earrings, perfume, etc and am very happy.

I hope you can find that soon.

Peace and please keep us posted - Jo

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. PokemonAnime
    Busy

PokemonAnime Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I second these statements.

You deserve to be in this world because you are a good person. Your gender identity doesn't define your worth. This community is here for you and I am so glad that you reached out to us for help. That is a hard thing to do and I am so proud of you for having the strength to do it. If you need someone to listen or offer support please feel free to reach out to me any time.

Jo, I, and many others want to help you as best as we possibly can, but if you feel like you are in a crisis situation with how you are feeling please reach out for professional help.

Your life matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Claire12
    Cool

Claire12 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you both so much for your support and kind comments! I spent time today researching gender therapists in my area, I sent 2 of them an email and will possibly follow up with a phone call tomorrow. I am thankful for this site and how supportive and kind everyone is! Even though I feel alone, I have seen from this site that I’m not alone in this. Thank you both again for your support!

5. PokemonAnime
    Busy

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You're very welcome. :)  I am happy to hear that there are gender therapists in your area. I hope that you feel comfortable with whoever you decide to see and that they are a good fit as you continue on your journey. Please keep us updated if you're comfortable with that!

6. Claire12
    Cool

Claire12 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much, you are so kind! :)  So wanted to give an update, I found a therapist and I talked to her and told her about what I’m dealing with and she said she could definitely help me. I have my first session with her Friday morning! I also talked to my insurance and they are covering 100% the cost of it due to Covid-19 going on. I’m beyond thankful because I cannot afford to pay out of pocket. But I’m just so happy to be moving forward and to have finally found a therapist!

7. PokemonAnime
    Busy

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations! That is fantastic news for you to receive both emotionally and financially! I'm glad things are working out so well for you. :) 

8. Claire12
    Cool

Claire12 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :)  Things have always gone so wrong in my life and finally for once something good is happening. I met with my therapist this morning and she is nice and said she accepts me and will support me throughout this process! Which was so good to hear. Thank you for listening and being so kind :) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.