1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Need help about coming out

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nathan fort, Aug 4, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Nathan fort
    Inpain

Nathan fort Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so my family is very supportive of LGBTQ people and I've wanted to come out to them for so long now but I've though they support it it's not any easier to come out to them even though I want too
    Can someone please tell me why I cant and how do I come out to them I've been so stressed out about it that my school work and pretty much everything else suffers because of it It was easy to come out to my friends because I know that if they disliked me for it I could always make new friends please help me I'm desperate

2. trickyZ
    Paranoid

trickyZ Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I've never come out to my family, with exception of two cousins. Well I guess you can say I did come out to them eventually but it was in a way you wouldn't really expect anyone to come out. I came out to my family by sending engagement party invitations. They're all ok with it and they all came to the wedding. They even acknowledge that my wife is my wife but they've never asked if I'm gay and I've never actually told them that I'm gay. The way I see it is that there was really no need for anyone in my family to openly talk about my gayness cause we don't openly talk about anyone in the family's straightness. I kind of like that that they don't make a big deal about it.

3. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 Well-Known Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0 / -0
    Your situation and feelings are puzzling. I don't know enough but suspect in coming out to the family you in some way feel you're coming out to yourself and admitting you'll be gay for the rest of your life. For some that's no problem for others accepting you'll miss out on all the imagined joys of being 'normal' can be scary. As I said, that's only a very rough guess until you can tell us more.