1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transsexual Need advice! New girl here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BrendaP1999, Oct 7, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. BrendaP1999

BrendaP1999 Full MtF

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I am new to this site but I think I am going to like it. I am in sort of a Dilemma.

I am a post op transsexual MTF. I am presently engaged to be married to a straight male. The problem is he doesn’t know I’m transgender. I look and act like a woman in every way. I told him early in our relationship that I couldn’t have children and he is good with that. He wants us to adopt which I am thrilled with. I just don’t want to be married for a long time and then he finds out. I mean I am a woman but not sure how he would handle that. Any ideas? Should I come clean before we get married?

2. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Former Staff Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,094 / 0 / -9
    Hi Brenda and welcome thr forum from this old cis bi guy. :) 

This is purely my personal opinion and others here may disagree, but I think a marriage should be based on honesty. He's in love with the woman you are (and always have been, inside) but it seems to me that its only fair to both of you for him to know and understand the journey you've been through to fully become yourself.

I realise the prospect of telling him scares you - it's a gamble, and we all fear rejection - but IMHO it's the best way. If he truly loves you for YOU, knowing the facts of your history won't change his feelings one bit ...and if he does react badly, then you'll have had a lucky escape from being tied to a guy who wasn't right for you in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. BrendaP1999

BrendaP1999 Full MtF

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Thespis. I think that is the advice I was looking for. Thank you so much.

4. Kahlan

Kahlan Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -1
    I agree with Thespis, and you don't want him finding out in some other way. If you don't tell him till afterwards, he could interpret that as a form of lying by omission, and probably not the best way to start off with your new husband.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. BrendaP1999

BrendaP1999 Full MtF

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You are both right Kahlan. I just have to work up the courage to tell him. Thank you so much!

6. mike300

mike300 Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -4
    i agree with thespis

7. BeautyQueen
    Feminine

BeautyQueen Good Girl
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Yes that's true. There are plenty of men who wouldn't care about you being transgender, so don't be afraid! By being honest to him, you are just checking if he's the one for you. Best of luck!

8. Jessica45
    Benevolent

Jessica45 Bisexual genderfluid slightly insane
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 0 / -2
    I hope it all goes well and you have a wonderful life together

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.