1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, what is a Narc?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Narcissistic People' started by AudryLeigh, Oct 24, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. john1010101
    Old Hag

Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -11
    Sometimes depends on the individual but more significantly what does it say about their religion?

2. the-other-dave

the-other-dave Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    It's an interesting read. I've never put much thought into narcissism before, but I have defintely seen these traits in a lot of people.

I have fallen for people who were very self-absorbed, but I didn't end up in relationships or friendships with them (even though I may have wanted to get closer to them) and I think the reason it didn't happen with me is because I'm not a good follower. I might have felt a lot of admiration for certain people, but I've never been good at compromising myself to get in good with them. I've never been hip or trendy or macho, so I was never the sort of person that a narcissist would invite into their life or their circle of friends to make themselves look good.

3. rado84
    Horny

rado84 pansexual, atheist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Interesting reading, Audrey. Until now I didn't even know there was such a sickness - NPD (sounds like an abbrevation for Neverwinter Police Department :p  ). And I've never had to deal with people as described above. If I had, knowing myself, I probably wouldn't stand being around them even 5 seconds. On the other hand it's quite possible I've dealt with such people but didn't know they were sick or that there was such a sickness.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.