1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

My therapist wanna give me hrt but..

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by LexLex, Nov 20, 2020 at 10:29 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello, i visited a therapist first time. He is not a transsexsual therapist. He is general therapist. I went to him. I said everything from my childhood. And he wanna give me hrt letter. But the problem is he wanna me to visit a Endokrinologie and get some letter from Endokrinologie about they can give me HRT if my therapist say he/she is ready for hrt. My therapist wanna give me hrt. Because I'm very committed, i did my decision years ago just waited reach to 18. Anyway is it normal? What would i do? Will the Endokrinologist give me that? I found Endokrinologiest that offer hrt for transgender. I found them from my local lgbt websites, groups etc.. What will i do make an appointment and then tell what my therapist said to me? So will he/she give me what my therapist wanted from me? Have you ever experienced something like that?

#1 LexLex, Nov 20, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 10:30 AM
  2. StarSplosion
    Sweettooth

StarSplosion Magical Girl In Training (๑òᆺó๑)
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The endocrinologist does a sort of small screening of you as well.
    They look at your current health, that being weight (height), blood pressure, she listens to your lungs, your heart and your story as well.
    It's also important to know your family's health history which for me was a bit of a blank slate since I don't know my family except for my mom and siblings.
    Don't forget, very important, they also take a blood sample to see if there are any issues, what your hormone levels currently are, etc. so best to not eat or drink before your visit (water should be fine).
    You usually get blood sample results within a day or 2.

That's kind of what your first visit should be like.
    The endocrinologist will then let you know whether or not you can go on HRT.
    For this you normally will need the letter for the therapist but if you give your therapists info to the endocrinologist, they'll probably contact your therapist just to make sure.

For me it was a bit different because my endocrinologist straight up gave me the prescriptions for my hormone meds before we got the blood sample back and without a letter from my therapist. I did give her all the necessary info to contact her and I was completely healthy, bmi was great, blood pressure amazing, lungs and heart somehow spectacular (I don't drink or smoke either).
    If an issue would've popped up from within my blood sample, she was going to call or mail me straight away but I haven't heard anything bad so far :D 
    My endocrinologist did mention several times that she normally doesn't do it this fast, not without a letter and not the first visit, I was the first one to receive this kind of "treatment". Who knows, maybe she liked me :D 

3. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I told since my childhood and i told i decided to take hrt. I did my research since years. So there are any point that a therapist says me you should wait 3 months or etc. Becaude i am depend on my choice. My therapist said it too. You are depend on your choice. So i will make an appointment from a lgbt experienced Endokrinologist. He just wanted me to find an Endokrinologiest and proof me that they are doing hrt. He wanted me to request letter about that. I think after that he will give me text or etc.. and then i will make an appointment from that Endokrinologiest again. And then blood tests etc.. so i think everything may take some months because of wait times.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.