1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

My mom is very sensitive

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Soheil, Oct 7, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Soheil
    Sunshine

Soheil Poor Pluto's Another Me
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I have a real problem, I'd say it's my biggest problem in some ways. I wanted to leave my country, But i changed my decision mostly because of my mom. She's about 60 and she's a very traditional and sensitive woman. If i wanted to leave, I had to do it without telling them. Because they wouldn't let me do it. I was afraid she couldn't bear it if i leave her. So i didn't do it, However it may ruins my future.

Anyway, Now i wanna leave them and go to the capital (It's 1000 km away from our city). There is a good job opportunity (Maybe), And i need money so bad. I don't have a real job now. I live with my sister and his son (She's separated from her husband), in a big city. My mom lives in another small city near us.

I don't know how to do it with the least harm to my mom. I think my family know something about my sexuality (It's very probable), and that's the thing that make them more concern. Maybe they want to protect me and don't let me to become a gay or something like that (I don't know how they think about it)! I think they don't wanna let me go because they think i'll get a boyfriend (Actually they think some men will abuse/rape me or something like that).

So what should i do? I'm not going to let the others decide for me this time.

#1 Soheil, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 0 / -2
    Hey Soheil,
    Do you have any other brothers/sisters besides the one you currently live with? I don't really know the condition in your living environment, and I'm just guessing the situation, really. Here's what I think. If the political situation is not stable like how I imagine in your country enough that you have to worry about any kind of violence that might occur in the area where your family is, then maybe you shouldn't leave your family behind? If there's no concern like this, then I think you should leave your family and pursue your dream, but after you trying your best to convince them before you go. I just wonder how different the job market in the capital compared to that of the big city you live now.

3. Soheil
    Sunshine

Soheil Poor Pluto's Another Me
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    You might wonder, But i have 4 brothers and 2 sisters. I am the youngest in the family. No, There's not such a danger. It's mostly about the economic situation. I don't think we'll have any civil war or something.

I can't convince them. I don't think so. I let my sister know, But i won't tell my mom before i leave. I can come there and visit them once in a while.
    I have a specific job opportunity (I just saw it, I have to apply and maybe they accept me maybe not). And yeah, Generally the capital is far better for finding job.

4. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 0 / -2
    So you don't have much of family obligations, then, I would say just FLY AWAY to your dream land and have some adventure! What are you still doing there? Go, go! LOL

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.