1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender My Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KiraRyu, Aug 15, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. KiraRyu
    Feminine

KiraRyu Lone Wolf
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    It has taken me half a lifetime to come to my realization of what I am and what I want to be.
    Accepting this,admitting it and, looking for help is extremely hard for me. I am a loaner type, whom tends to keep to myself about everything, but in this I know I can't do it alone. I was born a male but, looking back even before I came to the realization that internally I'm female, I can see choices that I made and things I have done to show myself who I really am. I have just accepted and started my journey and am in the process of getting a therapist to help me understand these feelings. Today, I'm going to talk to my first family member and bring my true self into the picture before them. There is so much more I want to say but, can't put into words. I have read through most of this forum and gained both knowledge and hope. I would like to thank all those whom have shared their stories and to all of you that read this, from the bottom of my heart... Thank you!
    In time I hope others will accept me for the real me as they have the "shadow of me" in the past.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Alsthom
    Sarcastic

Alsthom Princess Chick Pea
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +707 / 0 / -1
    Hello KiraRyu and welcome!
    I am also a trans woman, and very much like you on the "keeping to myself" aspect. Indeed, you won't be able to do it alone.
    I hope you find a good therapist and that your family and friends understand who you are and are supportive.

You have found a good place to find support, advice, information and a lot of other things. Welcome again, make yourself at home!

3. Kahlan

Kahlan Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +754 / 0 / -2
    Hey, welcome to the forum! Very nice message btw. :) 

4. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Well-Known Ambassador
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,165 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to a safe place

I am non binary, male for sex and lean Female for gender, with no plans to transition.

It was very hard and painful to accept this but I have what most do not and that is a person who loves and showed me how to accept and love myself.

I have had these feelings since high school and only accepted myself at age 62.

It will take time but I am told I smile now, laugh and my daughter said she never saw me with friends before.

I am also in therapy, which is helping even more.

So I wish you luck and hope you find the support you need - Jo

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.