1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

My country is obsessed with hate against LGBT

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Scarlet_Raven, Nov 14, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. Scarlet_Raven

Scarlet_Raven Legendary craftsman
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi! May be you know about Hungary, a little country in Eastern-Europe. Our government is part christian-democrats and part young-democrats. I don't want to talk about the building stadium madness for soccer we are too lame to play good.
    Now, they try the second time to use the pandemic to outsmart protests because measures against LGBT people. When we've got locked in march, they made a law that forbids transgender people to change their gender on legal papers. A spineless violation of human rights - at times when we, Hungarians are not allowed to take the streets, leaving them no other choice than accepting the reality our prime minister enforced on us.
    Now, they managed to make it worse. This week, we've got new regulations because of the cases of covid-19 raising high. They made an official change in our country's constitution. "Father only can be man, Mother only can be woman, and child". Also they recommend to have two or more kids for some reason. And they also put into the law that same-sex couples can't adopt a kid, only with the official permission from the minister of family-matters.
    So we have a family model in Hungary's constitution, what a "brilliant" idea. Disgusting as hell. Now, citizens and activists try to get people attention to do something against this, because LGBT is shown as a "sickness" and "not good for kids" as we saw few months ago. Oh yeah, we have a fairy tale book published where LGBT children are the heroes. Government officials destroyed (!) some books and told people not to buy it for children. Even our prime minister said "Leave our kids alone!"
    Yes, this is my country in the "heart" of Europe and it's 21th century. My friends say we will bring back witch-trials, black plague and other stuff from the good old middle age. I'm ashamed because of my country, they do these bizarre things and infect a constitution which should be about freedom and happiness.
    I open this thread because I think this case shall reach international world. Activists say we should spread this.

2. Darren2000
    Adorable

Darren2000 Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Good morning. I feel so bad for you and your country's people, it has to be very tough living in a country that treats their people that way. I wish I could offer you some help, but this one is over my head. I am sure that there will be people on here that could give you advice. I wish you all the best and hope things get better for your and your Country.

Take care

3. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,964 / 2 / -1
    I am sorry for what they have done. It should be noted that here in the US, had Trump stayed in power, he too would be working on stripping away our right to be who we are.

Most if this is done in the name of GOD and religion and thus the laws need to be changed to match. But it is Man who uses religion to push their own hate, start wars, and control the world.

It is God that is a part of all of us and Loves us for who we.

Change is hard but we fought and made change in the US and I hope the same can happen for you.

Please stay safe - Jo

4. Foxglove
    Frustrated

Foxglove Traveler
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Sad to say, there are haters everywhere, not just in Hungary. What we do is, we live our lives, we show people that we're not the awful creatures they may have thought we were. Bit by bit people are coming over to our side because they're learning that truth. Sadly, some countries are still behind, but we'll keep at it while hoping they'll eventually cop on, too.

Best wishes!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Former Member #11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can’t even imagine what it must be like to live in a country like that. It’s just terrible and I wish we could help.

I know it’s not in the same league but the LGBT community are unsure of where the UK will stand regarding rights in the UK after the UK leaves the EU.

All I can do is send you kind thoughts and hugs and hope that there comes a time in the future when things change for you over in your country.

6. Tears
    Dead

Tears TEAred of life...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    It's sad all if what happens, i guess you need to make clear to your gouverment you're all people and all deserve same treating because noone gonna be treated like any less worth than others (sorry to say that but reality shows, it's completly different in some places as of now).

Not so far ago, back in summer, i was in Hungary, i've met an amazing guy - at least i thought so - and he said he has nothing against gay people. But shortly later, his girlfriend said we can't meet because "he has a girlfriend". Just like i was any virus. He wasn't protesting, he hasn't added anything or tried to explain despite i tried to. So what's the moral of the story? There is not only problem in gouvernment you choose but also in mind of (some) simple citizens who probably enforce on politicans to make rules fullfiling their beliefs. That's why it requires also working with people on what LGBT means and that it isn't something bad. and that must be either brutal or take a pretty lot of time.

Anyway, i wish you good luck, and knowing how conservative most of Hungarian society is, i can recommend for instance only moving anywhere else, even Ukraine seems for me better as of gay life aspect. (Large cities of course).

have a good evening!

7. Scarlet_Raven

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for your response. I try to exist in this country, but not easy. You can get only jobs if you are a friend of someone who is in the party or a boss. Hungary does not respect job seekers. Government only builds stadiums for the soccer team because the prime minister has a sport as a hobby. In his birthplace, there is the biggest sport center in Eastern Europe. My grandmother who is 87 said, our pm is a sociopath, does not care about children, elder people, sick people and most of all LGBT people. Only what Tears says. The conservative elites who serv the government. They are Christian. They are the best guys in the universe. They will have a family of mommy, daddy, kiddo. Everyone else can be dropped in the litter bin.

You know what?! I'm not surprised at all. I had the same problem with Hungarian men. Somehow they treated me if I were a disgusting umn....thing.
    Never respected the person I was.
    There were also horrible events in recent years. The far right groups became stronger and these guys think they are true Hungarian warriors and they hunt down peaceful pride festival guests. I saw photos of victims, their head was bloody because those jerks hit them with metal bats. I dunno when this country will come out of shadows...we have an election in 2022, but that's 2 more years.
    I feel a little bit better as I was reading your comments.

Have a nice day!

8. Former Member #11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So sad to read ((((hugs))))..... I wish that you could at least one day get out and move to a better country. My heart goes out to you.

9. Tears
    Dead

Tears TEAred of life...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    But the thing is, that guy was all in all very kind to me. Until he didn't consulted at home with his girlfriend (or probably any other girl which than just pretended to be his beloved one) what just happened (meeting an unicorn, perhaps, gay person but as much hard to belive for an average Hungarian i guess). Than he just was turned around against me by that girl. And we have still contact but just he doesn't spoke to me ever since after that. He got probably ban for it xD

By the way, also itself the gay scene in Budapest creates a value of LGBT opinion. When i was there as a tourist, in any gay cafe, i was served by quite unpleasant guy who just after he noticed i'm tourist, offered that i can pay by card and tipped on payment terminal any higher amount than my due. So even if any straight guy get's invited there and than he notices he got robbed by staff, he would think of whole LGBT (of course not in every case) as of some poor types not deserving any better treatment.

10. Scarlet_Raven

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Blackpaw I'll leave because time of elves has come to an end. XD Yes, it's in my plan to leave this country for good. Thank you for your words. I've read your port before I went to sleep.

Tears I was a member at a male friend circle and those guys thought being gay means I want to have sex with them too. They were THAT dumb. When I closed relationship with the group, I told them about how miserable I felt because they never accepted me and telling insulting jokes about homosexuality next to me in the pub where we always hide-out. Hungary is a strange place if you think about it. We even have people still in 2020 who can't write. My mom is a doctor at a local hospital and he had some patients who wrote an X to their references. I asked my mom why? He said the asisstant told her the patient can't write. Analfabetism in the 21th century. XD Yeah, I know it's not a laugh matter, but these people can or may be looking down us too.
    Unfortunately, a lot of people are xenophobic too. When the migration was here in 2015, a lot of migrants were abused by Hungarian citizens (throwing glass bottles on them, kicking them, hitting them, hate words). Even my psyhichiatrist said she is afraid of "these muslim folk". I told her this is dumb way to think about it. I needed to lecture a person whose job is cure mental illnesses. XD Yes, and this was another "great" job of our goverment. The television shout about a 1 year that migrants are enemies of our christian values and we have to protect Europe from these people. I remember that pm said that too.
    It's so bad feeling talking about my country like this, but this is truth. This is our public face in Europe, in EU (which is abused by pm too, he hates EU because EU always punishes Hungary for these things we speak about), in the UN. I'm surprised the UN does not say anything about these things. We may be too small to be recognized. Me and my family always says, we are a tiny country, why should we have such big opinions against or with the USA, China or Russia (those countries are that big as a continent, you can fly through Hungary with a jet in 2 minutes). We have a big mouth until the nice countries around us or far away will stop supporting our economy and stuff and then I don't know what will do.

11. Former Member #11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You’re welcome! :) 

12. The hornet

The hornet Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I am from the UK my bf is from Hungary. He arrived in the UK eight years ago, with less than £200. He stayed with a friend for a week, then went into a flat-share where he didn't enjoy it much but it was a start. He managed to build a decent life and was living in his own flat when I met him last February.

Like you he hates the regime, we call him the 'Viktator' in the UK, as well as the difficulties with people like you mentioned above.

The one piece of advice he did mention that was when deciding where to move to you need a friend already in that country, or lots and lots and lots of money. Obviously times are hard all across the world at the moment, but that doesn't mean that you cannot research and decide where your future might lie.

I hope you manage to find a culture that can accept you and a good life. I wish you all the best. The world is your oyster :) 

Best Wishes,

A

13. rado84
    Horny

rado84 pansexual, atheist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -4
    Hungarian hate against LGBT is nothing compared to the hate in Chechnya where LGBT are all rounded up, tortured and killed for being LGBT and other LGBT just disappear without a trace, no one ever knowing what happened to them. There's a new documentary movie released this year named "Welcome to Chechnya" which describes everything that is being done to LGBT there.
    If you can't find it and if Audrey allows me, I'll give you a link to download it.

This is not part of the doc movie but it's still on the topic.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #13 rado84, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  14. The hornet

The hornet Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Please let us know when it is released?

Thanks for sharing,

A

15. rado84
    Horny

rado84 pansexual, atheist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -4
    It has been released about a month or two ago:
    https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5946569
    Scroll down and click the diskette icon - it's for downloading the movie. You need a torrent client to download it. If for some reason you can't download it, let me know and I'll upload it somewhere else.
    The doc movie has hardcoded English subtitles, so you don't need the additional ones and these you can simply disable them from your multimedia player.
    But I gotta warn you: I'm watching that movie for 23 minutes already and IDK if I'll be able to see it through the end (107 minutes). There are scenes of violence and aggression against LGBT people and I can't stand violence. There are even images showing what has been done to people after they have been tortured. Before seeing this movie only "The Green Mile" was capable of making me cry. Now there's a second movie that already made me do that...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. The hornet

The hornet Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Thanks, I am downloading it now :)  I appreciate your warnings. I cry at films/books/tv all the time, so this might make me go a massive weepy one. However I feel it's better to know, so i'll just have to dry those tears.

Thanks again,

A

17. Tears
    Dead

Tears TEAred of life...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Don't wipe me please! :D 

18. Lioness
    Feminine

Lioness Geek Girl
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Sheesh... this is wrong on so many levels. Even if they were enemies (which they aren't) - what did Jesus say again about what to do with your enemies? (free hint to Mr. Orban: four letters, contains L, O, V and E, and I even arranged them in order for you ;) )
    Obviously this just the same old populist BS - abusing religion for hate mongering out of greed for power. Like that was somehow a great Christian value...

I hope you'll find your Valinor where you will be welcomed and loved. :) 

19. Scarlet_Raven

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, Lioness. And I live by what Gandalf said.
    I don't think great force can evil keep in check. Small things, simple people's nice doings keep the darkness at bay. I help, support, care for my family, friends and people in my business as well. What you said, Love.

20. Joshua Aaron
    Happy

Joshua Aaron Autistic & Pansexual Monster Hunter, Chaotic Good
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -2
    In my opinion, this is exactly why I think Christianity should never had happened. These "loving" Christian leaders are swaying their fanatical, brainwashed followers into doing truly evil things. There is a reason why the time where the Catholic Church ruled Europe was called the "dark ages." There was massive corruption, death, and xenophobia. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all toxic religions not because the actions of all of their worshipers, but the actions (both historical and current) of their leaders. Christianity is especially terrible because they tried (and often succeeded) to erase entire pagan cultures, and those cultures are now lost.

This is why I am against any form of theocracy. Hungary is a theocracy cosplaying as a democracy. Any rational-minded nation should shut down theocracies and force them into using democracy. It might be harsh, but even military force, or the threat of it, should be used to force theocracies to comply to required democracy.

Any nation who claims to gain power through God is bound to be toxic and corrupt, their leaders manipulating gullible citizens into submission via their shared religion. It is evil and dark, and must be stopped.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 26, 2020 ---
    I second this.

#20 Joshua Aaron, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.