1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

maybe I'm just gay

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Frosky, Jul 5, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Frosky
    Beer Lover

Frosky feels like I have a green shirt rn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    it's hard to say really, maybe there was pressure to be straight over the years and it kind of had an effect. I don't really want to go into it

I just think bi does exist for some people and it's not necessarily confused (but then again I'm hella confused in all other aspects of my life, so)

2. Frosky
    Beer Lover

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    or could be strongly male-biased, still trying to figure it out. That seems like another bisexual stereotype as well - that if people knew what kinsey scores were they would be assuming everyone bi is a 3

3. mask1985
    Dreaming

mask1985 Shy bi guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 0 / -2
    I'm big into boys at the moment but that hasn't always been the case. As long as you feel sexual attraction to boys and girls you're bi, anything else just complicates things unnecessarily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. AliceR
    No Mood

AliceR Reliable Advisor
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +903 / 0 / -2
    Bi doesn't exist for just some people. Half the people in my life are bi and they are the real deal. Definitely not confused.
    You probably know many bisexuals as well. You just don't know they are bi because they are closeted. ;-)

Many bisexuals prefer one gender over another. So if you prefer men, that's pretty normal.
    But you are correct in that you may also have been hetero-normalized and may actually be gay.
    However, if you feel attraction for women... real attraction and they turn you on, then you are not gay.

Maybe you are stressing yourself out too much over this.
    Just go with the flow and see where it leads you.

If you have any questions about bisexuality, please feel free to ask. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    #4 AliceR, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  5. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,344 / 1 / -30
    Most bisexuals prefer one sex over the other -- and if your preference for males is strong enough, you're likely to live as a gay man even if you're technically bi. It's still possible, though, that some "perfect" female will come along some day and sweep you off your feet -- but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

6. Frosky
    Beer Lover

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    yeah actually I might be overthinking it and I am bi, what didn't help is I had an anxiety attack too and I dunno, don't want to go into it. I guess something could happen with a woman too!

and some guy I knew said he just prefers not to be labeled, so that's kind of cool. That's where I'm at now, I just wanted to say so to close family, and otherwise just not really bring it up in conversation unless it's necessary. Just get some acceptance from family that that's 'me' and they still like me :p 

7. AliceR
    No Mood

AliceR Reliable Advisor

Ratings:
    +903 / 0 / -2
    I understand why you would get an anxiety attack. I would too if I chose to tell my family about me.

Is your family accepting of LGBT people? Have you told them yet?
    Honestly, it is nobody's business what orientation you are. It only matters to you and the person you choose as a partner. I wish straight society would stop forcing us to label love, honestly. It's exhausting.

Like angel70 said, you shouldn't wait for a woman to come around.
    The one for you might very well be male.
    What matters is for you to find happiness.

Hugs!

8. Frosky
    Beer Lover

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the advice, and the thing was maybe I was closer to asexual before I confronted I could be bi, so it's been very confusing and maybe I'll go further into it later

9. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar The eye of the Wolf

Ratings:
    +443 / 1 / -3
    If you could do only one thing sexually, for the rest of your life, what exactly would it be?

10. GreasyMoose
    Dreaming

GreasyMoose Well-Known Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -37
    Can't stress it enough but just go with what makes you comfortable and don't over rationalise everything in complex terms. That's not how sexuality is meant to be :p 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.