1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by startail, Mar 14, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. startail

startail Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hii there, its been a while since i visited here :p 
    Ohh and I wondered if anyone had some advice for how to find ppl.
    I'm not into the whole dating site thing haha i guess looking at photos of ppl online and putting them up doesnt appeal to me very much.
    I just wanna meet some girls I guess who have similar interests to me and maybe i would like.. i mean at least try and talk with more ppl see what happens.

And irl i dont think ive had a crush on any girl who wasnt straight.. (well ok i cant prove this some of them were maybe slightly bi or confused about their sexuality but meh) and taken. Its hard to know when a girl is bi or lesbian and like im only really into fairly feminine/neutral/slightly-tomboyish rather than like butch or that, but i have hardly met any people similar to that (though i dont mean to put everyone into types haha i am still open to ppl overall), even while i was like in a place where everyone was fairly open about their sexuality.

2. Bornunderabadsign
    Gloomy

Bornunderabadsign Transfeminine Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 0 / -3
    Alot of is going to be determined by your age. If you are underage then your best bet is in school, online, or through youth LGBTQ+ groups like GSA or through your community youth center. If you are older look for college LGBTQ+ groups, or queer clubs/bars, LGBTQ+ support groups, and again online. Or you could patrol the New Age or LGBTQ+ sections of your local book store.

3. BiBiLife
    Happy

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,737 / 2 / -4
    I have the same problem. My experiences with guys have been hit and miss. I haven't yet had an irl girlfriend. I'm kind of in an ldr with one now though. We'll see how it goes.

4. Pathfinder
    Inspired

Pathfinder Well-Known Contributor
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam...
    Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    1) Cute dog, looks like his life is transformed now.

2) What Bornunderabadsign sad really. If you don't like online (I myself am trying to invest less time in online stuff now because it doesn't work for me), you just have to put more effort into meeting up with people and going to events.

Lol at the idea of patrolling the LGBT section of the book store. I confess that I have actually considered buying something on ebay before just because the seller was obviously a hardcore lesbian based on the inventory they were selling. I would literally be buying for no reason other than to send the message, 'I too am a giant lesbian'. Luckily, I've not gotten that stupid yet.

5. startail

startail Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hahha I was actually thinking about trying bookshops to find ppl just for the jokes really (or well i spend a lot of time in bookshops anyway) but like i didnt wanna hit on like straight ppl so I wasnt sure about that XD but i guess yeah always the lgbt sections lol
    Is it like a thing that a fair number of lgbt people like new age stuff?

My college that i attend has an lgbt group but its not really active ha, but i could probably search around see if there are any related events or support groups and hopefully i can find something. Im not really a drinker so bars dont really appeal much unless its non alcoholic -shrugs- nor do i like dark places lol so im a bit limited ha plus i dun have anyone who would want to come with me :/

Unrelated but I know that some lesbian groups dont like women who identify as queer or anything else other than female which is strange imo. I mean some people dont identify as anything at all and are still women so yeah. I just recently encountered some people like that kind of upset me a bit. i guess groups set their own rules. And i have had like meh experiences with some girls who were like extreme animal rights activists or feminists etc. So im a little cautious XP

Oh yeah im 21 btw.

#5 startail, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  6. Bornunderabadsign
    Gloomy

Bornunderabadsign Transfeminine Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,560 / 0 / -3
    On the topic of New Age and LGBTQ+, I have found that a fair number of New Age folks are LGBTQ+ or at the very least very inclusive. There also seem to be a fair number that hover around the philosophy section.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.