1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Pansexual Lonely in my Pansexuality

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by winterbird, Jun 17, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. winterbird
    Insomnious

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes I feel alone and misunderstood when I talk with my friends. I have two best friends, one is straight, the other is bisexual, and when they talk about future they always see us with a man and children, and married. And I'm like, why with a man? why married with a man and children? what part of me being pansexual they don't undertand yet? I can't know about future, but I don't want to be heteronormalized all the time. I know they don't do it on purpose, but it's exhausting. Anyone else go through that?

2. RainaDee
    Creative

RainaDee Day Dreamer
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    I do with my family. They are very homophobic and talk about me finding "the man of my dreams". I hate that they don't respect my pansexual orientation and try to impose their close minded view upon me. So, you're not alone with this and if you ever need to talk feel free to message me. :) 

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. winterbird
    Insomnious

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for sharing it with me, we're not alone then, I'll take your word ;) 

4. Bernie

Bernie Hazel the Witch

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I go through this all the time. I sit there and listen to them talk like they don't know I am Pan. I go on my laptop or phone or a book to escape the madness. What I do when this happens is to ignore them and think about how I want my future to be, jobs, hobbies, location, and I fill in their hetero-normative views with how I want it to be.

5. PansexualMonster
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My mom thought this when i had a crush, "Ooooooohhhhh.. who's the BOY?" psshh.. like it can't be a girl? Why not "Who's the PERSON??"

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.