1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Keep Auti$m $peak$ From Gaining Control Over Canada's Autism Policies

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Joshua Aaron, Oct 16, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Joshua Aaron
    Happy

Joshua Aaron Autistic and Pansexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -2
    So, Autism Speaks is an evil organization that claims to want to help Autistic people, but only spends about 4% on programs for Autistic people and their families. It's a corporation in disguise.

They wish to shove their own, horrendous policies into Canada's Autism Policy, which means that Autistic Canadians could very well lose their disability benefits, as well as access to very important recourses.

More details

Petition

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. BiBiLife
    Dead

BiBiLife Still breathing
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,033 / 3 / -6
    I've heard lots about this organization, and never anything good. Eugenics is evil.

3. Thief King Bakura
    Caffeine Fix

Thief King Bakura Edgy & HELLa✰Hipsta
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,174 / 0 / -6
    [​IMG]
    Oh Auti$m $peaks, fucking Auti$m $peaks, motherfucking Auti$m $peaks, these RA damned pieces of jackal hyde dogshit! Oof, if my friend would have read this, they could tell you how fucked up this organization is. I get slightly pissed whenever I see the Radamned fucking puzzle pieces. The reason the "autism puzzle pieces" pisses me off because is it is a gross ass representation of those of us on the autism spectrum, like we are something that needs to "fit in" to be accepted within society. Auti$m $peaks DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME!

Even here in the USA, Auti$m $peaks spreads these dangerous narratives that us on the autistic spectrum need to be fixed. It's fucking disgusting! That's why campaigns like "Red Instead" to promote Autism Acceptance month instead of Autism Awareness month. We just want acceptance, just like anyone else. Just because we are diagnosed with autism or fall anywhere on the autistic spectrum doesn't make us any less human. We're sure as hell not fucking "diseased!" RA DAMN IT! RA FUCKING DAMN IT! I'M SICK OF THESE FUCKING FUCKING BASTARDS!

*TAKES deep breath* ok I'm back, I think.
    [​IMG]
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=

For real now, I'm sick of Auti$m $peaks trying to "speak" for us on the Autistic spectrum. I know I probably would come across as a "special snowflake" to somebody read this but I just want to be treated with respect, is that so hard? I do my best to respect anyone, regarding differences of opinion, politics, etc. Why can't that be extended for us?

Have you noticed that there are those that stay "you don't look like you have autism" as if it's a compliment? How many of us have been told something like this? I have, PLENTY OF TIMES, so much that it just makes me inwardly pissed the fuck off. It's very invalidating to our experiences. It's this kind of mentality that could be attributed to services that help Autistic adults (18-20 years old) often ending when the autistic spectrum adult turns 21 to 23?

I've been in a transition program supposed to help autistic adults get some extra education. These programs also supposedly helping us get jobs and shit. It worked for some of my fellow pupils that were also in this program, but I never felt it truly worked for me. It wasn't from a lack of trying. Anyway, long story short, maybe at least extending the age for these programs to age 26 to 28? I don't know. Just throwing that out there.

I could keep ranting on and on, but I think you get the point. In conclusion, fuck Auti$m $peaks, it doesn't speak for me. Also, Auti$m $peaks can burn in the 9th circle of hell and then be puked up by cerberus and then pissed and shat on by the undead. Just fuck Auti$m $peaks, that's the moral of my story.
    [​IMG]

#3 Thief King Bakura, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. Joshua Aaron
    Happy

Joshua Aaron Autistic and Pansexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -2
    Yeah, that's exactly what they want. They want eugenics. How are they going to "cure" Autism? Is it going to be cured in the same way as Down's Syndrome is?

I hate how many mentally disabled people are looked down upon and called a burden to society. I'm not a burden. I'm just a regular person just like everybody else, and I want and deserve the equal rights that all other regular people deserve. It's just that Auti$m $peak$ slows that down by calling me a "burden" and "in need of a cure." I don't need any freakin' cure. I accept and love myself just the way I am.

Auti$m $peak$ spreads hateful lies, like the fact that Autistic children would pull married couples apart. I'm Autistic, and my parents have been happily married for over 20 years now, before and after I was born, as well as before and after I was diagnosed with PPD-NOS at age 8.

They spread their evil lies and misinformation, but idiots too stupid to do their own research fall into their trap because parents are scared of Autism, and Auti$m $peak$ plays into their fears.

Get rid of Auti$m $peak$, ya'll. They are a hate organization, and thus they need to be shut down.

Thief King Bakura I enjoy that you have 0 chill about this. I'm usually oddly reserved and calm when expressing anger (believe me, it may not look like it, but I was mad when I wrote this post). However, I also appreciate your unrestrained rants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.