1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I’ve come out....ish

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Leopardprintvik, Apr 14, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Leopardprintvik

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I sat my partner (male) of 9 years down the other evening and told him the truth about me, that I’d been with a couple of girls before we were together and that I thought it was all in the past until I recently developed feelings for another woman. It was a nurse when I was staying in hospital with our youngest son who was really poorly, how bad is that! Nothing happened and I don’t even think she knew although I’m sure I was being quite blatant. He’s devastated and is desperately worried about our future and I feel sooooo shit for him. So I’ve told him I don’t want anything to change, not sure that was the right thing to do, not even sure if it’s the truth. I’ve had feelings for blokes in the past including my partner and I do love him dearly as a friend and father of our 2 children but right now i feel gay AF to be quite honest, I’ve got tingles thinking about it all the time and I feel even more this way since I spoke to him, it’s like I’m finally free to feel how I do. I’m hoping that over time he’ll kind of realise stuff has changed. F*** knows if my approach is the right one, possibly not but I couldn’t just break his heart completely all at once, he worships the ground I walk on and we’ve been through so much together. Also I do actually love our life together, we get on sooooo well and have so much in common- our principles and ethics, musical taste, interests etc. Anyway, just wanted to share that and say hi, I’m Vikki and I like girls

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Ambient Dawn
    Tired

Ambient Dawn I am lesbian and hope to find myself a girlfriend.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    My partner of almost 6 years didn't like it either when I came out and said that I am lesbian an I do prefer women an have been that way since pre-teen years but only hid myself for the sake of everything I knew at the time. Granted he did freak out but he still worries of losing me, the best way to handle this is that you two do the best you can and talk about it when everything calms down, he will see that their isn't anything to worry about. My name is Amber.

3. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Well-Known Contributor
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    Leopardprintvik,

I am non binary and came out nine months ago. My coming out went well to my staff, co-workers, and daughter. My wife, no so much.

After weeks of talking we were as close to normal as we will get.

For reasons I cannot go into here and only three people know ,I cannot leave her.

Even with this, I have decided I am not giving up on the fact I have accepted who and what I am and I am not going to change that.

I am as happy as I will ever be now that I can show the world around that I am non binary.

I know this is hard as your past and future do not match up but you need to start with accepting who and what you are and loving that. From there, it will take time to decide how you wish to move ahead but know this. Having accepted yourself and loving yourself will help.

All I can offer you is a hug and that your soul finds peace

4. Leopardprintvik

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much for your replies!! So good to hear other people’s experiences and thoughts on the matter xx

5. Expat

Expat Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I feel like i could have written the same message! I have exactly the same situation love my hubby to bits great dad really understanding Guy but i've never Come clean about my gay tendancies! I dont want to leave him or my kids but would like to explore being gay. Feel free to chat if you like

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.