1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

In love with complications

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Karen Lyn Steele, Nov 8, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Karen Lyn Steele

Karen Lyn Steele Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I think I've known I was bisexual since I was 15, I've dated guys but I've never been (slept) with one yet. I like guys but I think I lean more towards girls. So, I'm 19 now and came out to my mom when I was 18... she asked me why I had taken so long to tell her? She already had an inkling I was bisexual but waited for me to say something. Here's where the complications come in. Leslie and I have been best friends since we were like 3 years old, we hang out together all of the time, we went to the same high school and have the same friends. A few months ago, we found ourselves in a very intimate situation that let to us having sex. This was the first time for both of us. Ever since then we've realized we've had feelings for each other for a very long time but never said anything. Problem is... Leslie is my cousin. Her mom and my mom are sisters. Since we're always with each other and normally hanging all over each other, no one had noticed... yet. It's just stressful trying to keep things a secret till we figure out how to deal with things.

2. Molko
    Caffeine Fix

Molko You can't kill me. I'm not alive.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Ok so i’m not sure what the law is, from a quick bit of research by the looks of things a lot of cousin to cousin legality is more surrounding the genetic risk to conceiving children which being of the same sex is eliminated in this situation.

The thing is, you have feelings for who you have feelings for. The thing is the social and family complications of such a relationship. It isn’t just close to home, it is home. I do not know your family, your mum or your aunties relationship etc but i’m going on the side of caution because this relationship by default includes the mothers because they have a relationship with both of you and each other which maybe impacted.

In this situation i’d look into professional relationship advice - its a very complicated situation and i just think you could do with some guidance from someone who maybe trained with family therapy/relationship counselling or something. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of much help, it sounds very delicate and while it is your feelings that matter, i feel you must take into consideration the impact on your family and get some guidance on how to approach it.

#2 Molko, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  3. Karen Lyn Steele

Karen Lyn Steele Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Molko... I really get what you're saying and I agree. We're being very careful and I'll talk to Leslie about talking with someone. I appreciate the honest feedback!

4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,353 / 1 / -31
    Somehow I don't think the family will get all that upset at the "incest" situation, given that you're both women. If you move in together somewhere, either you don't mention you're cousins if you're out, or you do mention it if you're not.

People who have a problem with you being cousins would probably have a bigger problem with the fact that you're both women -- and they can be ignored.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.