1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Impressionable to the external environment...

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Soheil, Jun 20, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Soheil
    Sunshine

Soheil Linguaphile...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -1
    I do translate for a website as my second job. I can't do much work for them and it gets quite disorderly sometimes. But they still keep me without much complains. A few days ago, My employer kindly told me that I'll use any trick to make you do more works for us! Meaning, They like my work? I just felt very good anyway.
    But it didn't last more than a few hours. I always get bad influence from people around me, Especially when they blame me for something.

I used to have well sleepings for a while but I can't sleep well since a few weeks ago. I'm sure one reason for that is blaming myself. For the things others say to me. For the things I fear they might realise about me.
    A few days ago, My brother told me that you are causing the mother to have a stroke. It was cruel and outrageous! I guess he told it tactless and without thinking about it. Because it kinda ruins me to hear that!!
    I also don't know why? Is it about my sexuality or not? Is she worried about my future? In any case, She shouldn't be. I have a better life than all the other her children.

#1 Soheil, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. Vanillarainbow

Vanillarainbow Hot Cookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There are some really tactless people out there in the world, i totally agree with you. Even if she was upset with you (your mother) there are other ways to communicate that. And if your brother is not “best friend of your mom” what makes him think he has a right over her over you to make comments like that over other people.

I can’t imagine the difficulty you have because i am not in your shoes. If say you are gay and your parents feel burdened with that. I think so would my parents be if i were that way, which i am not. So i cannot reconcile it but all i know is acceptance is truly important. You may not agree with someone but if you have stated your “truth” you should not be hated for that. If you are close to your mom this would be even more hard.

Oh please respond to my thread as well :D 

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Soheil
    Sunshine

Soheil Linguaphile...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -1
    Any more bits of advice? I don't know what my family thinking about me and what they are going to do with me.
    It's scary!! Exactly because they're my family!

4. Kahlan

Kahlan Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -1
    Mom's worry about their children. It's possible that she sees you've chosen a hard road for yourself, and she's afraid and anxious for you. It's also possible that your brother is either sticking out for your mom, like he sees the stress she is under and harbors some resentment towards you as a result, or he is homophobic. No one wants their family or friends to hate and revile them, so I guess the real question here is are you ready for the fallout, whatever that may be? It sounds like a nice talk with your mom is in order.

5. Soheil
    Sunshine

Soheil Linguaphile...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -1
    So, I am better for now. But my brother keeps asking what's wrong with me. He says "If someone has a problem he should tell his family and get help", Once in a while!
    What should I say? I imagined some answers, but they make things much worse. So I decided to say no reply. What answer should I give the next time?

I am really tired and don't wanna open this matters. I even didn't like to write this small post and talk about it!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.