1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

important question

Discussion in 'Gay' started by luca2000, Apr 4, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. luca2000
    WTF

luca2000 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I know I’m gay I know what I’m into but I don’t want to be the gay best friends I don’t want to be the gay cousin
    All I know is I don’t want to be gay

So the question I’m asking is how do I come to terms with it
    how do I excepted the big part of me

2. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 1 / -30
    The best thing you can do is to spend some time around gay guys who already are self-accepting. Meeting guys who are living their lives as out gay men and making a success of it lets you see that you don't have to be the perpetual outsider. Search for LGBT organizations in your area, and get in touch. Quite a few even sponsor special events for teens.

3. luca2000
    WTF

luca2000 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks but it’s not that easy for me the closest LGBT group is at my college and I can’t go to that and the other one is all most 3 hours by bus
    I have friends who are parked of LGBT Community I just don’t have that much in common with them

4. liamthomas891
    Fine

liamthomas891 Hivesark
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My advice is to do what I did. Just sit down and think about it for a while. Think about how much better your life would be if you accepted who you are. I’m not entirely sure if it will work for you, but it did for me. Good luck!

5. YTBIGUY
    Classy

YTBIGUY Trust me I'm funny
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1
    I hope that you know that jus because you're gay it doesn't change anything about you. You don't have to be the gay best friend or the gay cousin.you weren't them in the closet and you're not them now. The main thing that has changed is thar you know what you want. Self acceptance is a hard road to go down and it takes time so patience is key. And while you're waiting figure who you want to be not what people expect you to be.

6. Spob
    Apelike

Spob Expert Homosexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    It’s no big deal. You know where you’re at and that’s all that matters. Is there any particular area that is bothering you, with family or friends?

Why can’t you go to your colleges group?

#6 Spob, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  7. luca2000
    WTF

luca2000 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It’s hard to explain I would love to lie and say no one will except me but the truth is most will but some won’t and that scares me

And I can’t go to my college one because I know everyone and gossip gets around when your 17

I know stupid

8. ImAfraidOfCommitment
    Busy

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey man, I understand this feeling. I fought an internal battle during high school and once I graduated, I decided it was time to stop hiding this part of me. You gotta remember that your sexuality is only a part of you, not your entire being. Don't feel obligated to come out if you are not ready. What matters is that you know what you want. No one else needs to know until you want them to know. Remember, this is your thing, no one else's. And as those before me have suggested, try getting in touch with fellow LGBT+ members who understand what you're going through.
    Best of luck, friend :) 

9. Spob
    Apelike

Spob Expert Homosexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Yeh I know how bad gossip can be, it is just a small part of a person, so share with whoever little you want.

This site can be a great place to chat if you do want talk with people who understand.

10. Robbie Styles
    Provocative

Robbie Styles Gay/Maybe Bi
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The signs of being into dudes has been there my entire life and I've either ignore it or dismissed it. Then eventually I didn't care that I was into guys, I kinda liked it, so in my experience, time was the deciding factor.

As for the branding thing, the only thing you can really do about that is set your personality apart from your sexuality. Find something you're passionate about, Science, Art, Music, and make that be what people know you for. Sometimes that might not be enough, and if anyone introduces or talks about you as their 'gay ______' correct them. That's all I got, hope it helps.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.