1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transsexual Im Transsexual

Discussion in 'Transsexual' started by LexLex, Oct 30, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello, firstly im new in this forum. Im 18 years old and from germany. I know that im trans since i was a child. But i lived in another country which is not very lgbt friendly and muslim country. So i decided to wait till i reach 18 and leave from that country (Im german citizen but i was lived in another country). And now i decided to take action about my gender dysphorie (Im in male body but im girl inside of myself). Firstly i sent email nearly all therapists in my area. But the problem is nearly all of them said we don´t have empty place. So if the therapist doesn´t have an empty place i must wait 3-5 months for visit the therapist. And it is very long for me. I found only 3 therapist whose take care of lgbt people. I still haven´t got any message from him. I hope he have emtpy space. Otherwise i can contact with Clinics, Kliniks but i don´t know what is Clinics for. I just know they are offer psychotherapie. So just about to call them (Clinics) I got an invite from a lgbt group which i was sent an email about my situation. And i decided not to call the clinics. I think before i visit a therapist (I wanna take hormones + i don´t wanna wait 1+ year and maybe i may change my city for university) i should visit a lgbt group. Because they are experienced and know the situation, know which therapist is okey for lgbt people and help me everything about being trans. So i wanna know your comments about this situation. Also is it possible to start HRT without talking with therapist 1+ years? And what if i move to another city? Must i wait another 1 year? Also what do you guys wanna offer to me about my situation?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 LexLex, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  2. Jayme82
    Loved

Jayme82 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,663 / 0 / -3
    Nice to meet you welcome to our community :) 

I'm a trans girl myself I'm not sure about in your country about seeing a therapist before going on HRT but it's common here in the US

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. StarSplosion
    Sweettooth

StarSplosion Magical Girl In Training (๑òᆺó๑)
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    Hellow and welcome :D 

As Jayme82 said, it depends a bit on how your country does things.
    Most countries require you to visit a therapist before you can apply for HRT with an endocrinologist. The amount of times you need to go to a therapist depend on you and your chosen therapist.
    Basically they want to make sure that you're actually sure about yourself, that you understand what HRT can (and cannot) offer you, the risks and so on.
    Usually you'll have to continue seeing a therapist while on hormones, this also depends mostly on you.

Personally, I only saw my therapist once and I was able to start everything. It never goes that fast and I'm definitely a bit of an odd one out.
    I started taking hormones mid September and haven't spoken with my therapist since. I mailed her on the day I went to the endocrinologist and she told me that I just have to reach out if I happen to need her. Again, that's normally not how therapist react, I'm a bit of a special case, let's say.

Where I live, Belgium, we have a website dedicated to listing every possible "place" you can go for help. It's TIP: transgender info punt. It's a bit hard to navigate at first but the map is the place to be to find someone back for your specific needs. I didn't find my therapist on there tho, I found her another way. She was specialized in sexology, gender, sexuality, etc. so it wasn't that far fetched. I'm certain if you google for a therapist in your country that has some specialization/focus in one of those subjects, they'll be able to help.

I wish you luck in your search, hope you hear back from someone soon ^^

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your comments! There are only 3 lgbt therapist in my area. I will contact to them but should i wait till i talk with a lgbt group? Because they are experienced about this situation. So they can say me select this therapist or etc. Also how often should i go to therapist? Like once a month? Once a week or etc. There are some lgbt friendly therapists (not that three that i said) which require 100+€ per 60 min. My insurance doesn't cover private doctors. And how did you find voice change doctor? Also if i can't find a therapist i can look to other cities, whose takes 1-2 hours to go with public transport

#4 LexLex, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  5. Srender55

Srender55 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your thread. I also want to know more about a transgender. Because I recently met up with a transgender. And we are planning to fix out first date.

6. StarSplosion
    Sweettooth

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    You can definitely freely talk to people within an lgbt group. Especially when they're a local group, they'll probably be able to help you out more than I can.
    The amount of times you need to go will depend on you and your chosen therapist. How strongly do you need the support and how strongly do they think you need it?
    Therapist can definitely be expensive. Mine wasn't €100+ but just €50/hour, which is still pretty expensive in its own way. Insurance definitely doesn't cover therapist in most cases.

I currently am not seeing a vocal coach but the TIP website also has speech therapists listed, this'll be for the future tho. There are some youtube channels out there that can be helpful for you to maybe practice some basics. Personally I find that "transvoicelessons" is very informative but a bit too much which might make it a bit hard to follow along. Just putting "transgender voice feminization" in the search bar will give you lots of results :D 

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    In my country (germany) therapists are covered by insurance. But my insurance is public insurance and it does support only normal doctors. It doesn't support private doctors. The problem is it is easy to find private lgbt therapists but they costs 100+€ per session. Also there are clinincs. They are offer Psychotherapie but i don't what clinic is? Will they solve my problem or etc.

8. StarSplosion
    Sweettooth

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    A clinic is pretty similar to a hospital. Clinics tend to be more focused on long term support while hospitals are more get it done and get out type of deals.
    It's possible that there is a clinic that's more "specialized" in the transgender theme in your country as well. If that is the case, those clinics offer you everything you need. They have therapists, surgeons, endocrinologists and possibly even vocal coaches all in one place and all lgbt friendly. Cons are, these often have waiting lists. They're perfect for people who live close by them, are still underage or people who don't mind waiting to get the best help they can get. It's usually cheaper as well.

• List
  9. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    All therapists are have waitlist, others +100€ per session. I just wasting my time to find a therapist. I can't find one. What happen if i order and begin hormones without a therapist? Because it is very hard to contact one of them. The problem is in my life i haven't solved anything myself. This is the first thing that i trying to solve without help from my family and friends. Thats why i can't do anything, thats why i can't find a therapist. If i describe everything to my father im pretty sure he will help me, he will give me money for private therapist. If i tell this problem to my hause doctor he may find me a therapist %100 percent i think but the hause doctor knows all of my family. So it is a bit risky. He may tell to my family. But there are "Datenschutz" which is privacy in germany. So he won't tell if i say don't tell. So i really don't know what to do.

#9 LexLex, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  10. StarSplosion
    Sweettooth

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    In most countries you can't just go to a pharmacy and buy hormone medication. You need a doctor's prescription for this and they also don't just write those out.
    When it comes to getting hormones for transitioning, you'll most likely have to go to a therapist who'll then give you a letter (not sure what it's called exactly) which'll be proof to an endocrinologist that you can start HRT (they can still decline their help if they believe it's not the right course of action for a person due to several reasons, mainly health reasons in their case).
    If you are comfortable talking about this with your regular doctor, they might be able to help. Idk if you live alone or not, but in case you don't, be sure your parents are okay with it before telling them because you definitely don't want to get extra obstacles in this journey like suddenly being tossed on the streets needing to look for a house. I'm not trying to be a downer but I know parents can react very differently and sometimes rather extreme.

I'm not sure if Germany has the same help "centers" as we do here.
    For children we have CLB, they work mainly through the school system and they can be very helpful with all sort of problems you (or your children) might have. I had a single talk with them when I was a kid because of my parents' divorce but it was totally unnecessary for me so there was no further help needed.
    For the adults, we have CAW (technically children can still go there too). You can visit them for all sort of problems and being transgender, looking for help or possibly finding the right people to contact is one of the things they help out with. I personally came into contact with them through a problem with my landlord (or the company that rents the place out I suppose) and talked to my CAW helper about me being trans and looking for a way to transition. Together we looked for a therapist that would be suitable.
    I have a feeling Germany probably has something similar but obviously with a different name.
    I'm not from Germany, last time I visited was like 17 years ago, so when it comes to specific places, I can't really help that much but I'm sure there are people who can direct you to the right place.

• List
  11. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thats why i will visit a lgbt group/community. I don't live with my parents. My parents are living in another country. But i live with my relative. In germany there are system like if you don't have money, a place for live, job etc.. they are helping you find you a house, give you foods, find you a job etc. The only thing that i can do right now wait till i talk with a lgbt group. And then decide what i should do with their advices.

12. LexLex
    Android Fan

LexLex Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I will share updates in this post.

I found a therapist and my health insurance covering it. make an appointment. I hope he is lgbt friendly and can write me hrt letter in short period. I will go to him 2 weeks later. If he is not lgbt friendly or if he won't want to write me hrt letter in short period (Im ok for 3-4 months) or he may say go to laser therapy etc. It is okey. Otherwise i can find another therapist. There are only focused on trans people therapists but my insurance doesn't cover them.

13. K slav

K slav Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Totally love your post xxx

14. Srender55

Srender55 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Really? Thank you so much!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.