1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I'm afraid!

Discussion in 'Health - Physical/Mental' started by AudryLeigh, Apr 21, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    I'm genuinely afraid that we (Americans at least) are going to lose this battle. We are vastly undereducated when it comes to science, so collectively we don't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of this pandemic. And we have grown soft. It is entirely contrary to human nature to isolate ourselves -- human beings are social animals. We NEED social contact. We actually need PHYSICAL contact. As a society, we have become way too soft to muster the strength to fight that biological imperative and stay separate enough to starve this virus out of existence -- genuinely a terribly difficult task. Every time some group protests a "government" 'Stay at Home' order, they are spreading the virus -- every single time! Government has nothing to do with this, any more than they have to do with earthquakes or volcanic eruptions. Government's job is to do their best to help clean up afterward, but they in no way have anything to say about the disaster itself, including the coronavirus pandemic. If they could pass a law against it, that would be great, but that would be like California passing a law making it illegal for the San Andreas Fault to move, or Hawaii passing a law saying that Kilauea had to stop erupting. People don't even get how stupid it is to let the government dictate anything other than the management of the aftermath, and here in America they're doing a decidedly destructive job of that. Abject stupidity has taken over the country. If I met Trump at a cocktail party, I'd assume he had less than a High School education. I guess I should have expected this. The Bible warned us. The Anunnaki warned us. The Sumerians warned us. Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us. John F. Kennedy warned us. The Great Spirit warned us. The Native Americans warned us. Mother Earth herself warned us. Actually, we deserve this. Human beings -- too self important to listen to anyone, and so egotistical that we thought we were the only ones in all of creation. Here's a wake up call for you -- we're insignificant. We are not worth the attention of the Universe -- we are in this all alone. The Earth will survive. We're just parasites, and Earth's immune system is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Just a voice crying in the wilderness

2. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88

Ratings:
    +3,000 / 0 / -3
    I hope we survive. We as humans are indeed social creatures. Absolutely the protests spread the virus, I think it's nuts that anybody is protesting. I guess we should prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

3. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    That's what they say.

4. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,362 / 0 / -1
    Those people that protest are idiots. The government should have been prepared for this but the government only seems to take things one day at a time. Our taxes should have been going toward a cushion to keep people fed and housed until this calmed down but they didn't. If people didn't need to work things would be easier.

That doesn't solve the social issue though. Free internet for all would help. We would be able to all communicate freely. That doesn't solve the need for physicality. I have no idea for that. Everyone needs a hug now and then.

5. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    Without hugs, I'm dying slowly. My government is trying to kill me, and it feels like they're succeeding. I wish some enlightened general would pull off a Military Coup. I wish some lucky genius working in a university research lab would stumble on a cure. I wish I would die in my sleep. This is truly insanity. In America, insanity reigns supreme, and I don't know any more if I even want to see how it ends. I'm about to snap, and there must be thousands (millions) more like me, just as close to the edge. What's going to happen when we lose it. We'll have a mental health crisis that will equal the COVID-19 crisis. What will we do then (worse yet, what will THEY do then)?

6. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +489 / 0 / -5
    To start with it’s not just your government that’s at fault. The Chinese have got a lot to answer for as has UNESCO.
    Yes, there will be mental health issues when all this ends just as there were after WW2. Some of the victims of that nightmare are still with us and still suffering the consequences.

What’s going to happen ‘when we lose it?’. Well more than a few redneck Republicans already have done so by demanding an end to social isolation only to be supported by a lunatic President. That will not only solve their problems when they start living ‘normally’ again but remove thousands more from the planet .

As to your anguish I have no solution I’m afraid. Only you can determine what is insufferable.
    I do know one thing though, if it wasn’t for my dogs (rather than people would you believe) I’d have departed the planet long ago. As you probably understand by now Audry I have a very negative view of our species.

As to how it ends I have a fair idea. Even if Covid 19 is put aside with a vaccine the nature of our species will continue to create hell on earth for all of us.

Sorry I can’t say anything to make things easier for you but neither do I want to lie and bullshit to you my dear friend. In some ways it’s a good thing I don’t believe in any particular God or Gods. If I did I’d be screaming at them right now.

#6 john1010101, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020 at 12:19 AM
  7. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    I wonder if I could somehow, re-realize the High Priestess of the House of Avalon. SHE could scream at the Gods, and rattle their cupboards. Can't do that alone though. That phenomenon (that reality) involved thousands of people who constantly swam in spiritual energy. Some things only happen once.
    So do I. So does God (I speak of the historical God of Abraham). In the flood story, he said he wished he had never made us. According to the Pre Symite version of the deluge (10,000 years older than the oldest known scraps of the Jewish Torah), Anu (God) thoroughly intends to end the human species he is so unhappy with it, but Enke (one of Anu's sons, and the one who had been tasked with the creation of humans in the first place) had become so fond of his creation that he warned his best friend (Noah -- forgot his real name) and gave him the plans for a "boat" that would withstand the tsunami that was the leading edge of the deluge. The deluge was from a huge Tsunami that resulted from the collapse of roughly 1/2 of Antarctica, ca. 10,000 bc. It wiped out the "known" world -- known to the pre-Sumerian peoples -- but the Neanderthals had already spread way past the "known" world, and eventually, through cross breading after the deluge, repopulated the "known" world. Humans are a cross breed between Neanderthals and the Annunaki -- specifically between Enke and a Neanderthal woman -- genetic engineering may have been involved, but in any event, Noah's family had the tiny little genetic piece that differentiated "us" from Neanderthals, so we're still, too many of us, Eve's spawn -- the species that Anu (God) wanted terminated. It's all Enke's fault.

[Brain just did a context switch, sorry.]

Hugs,
    Audry

8. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +489 / 0 / -5
    I’ve avoided theology on the forum as I tend to induce hysteria from the religious once I get going. I’ll try therefore to put this as briefly as I can. (Putting aside for now the monstrous number of blatant contradictions in Christian scripture and the number of significantly different translations/distortions and expurgations inflicted on that tome over thousands of years)
    The God of the Bible in most interpretations is possessed of omniscience, the ability to see all eternity past, present and the future. If we accept this claim the God of the Bible has a few questions to answer. The most important is given he knew where granting humanity free will would end why did he go ahead with it?

9. hotncold

hotncold Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Pain.. Why do i feel pain? Oh yeah, Cause its in my mind. No its outside, its in the body, blah blah Nope, thats what i say when i dream, i say that hurt me this hurt me this did that to me, i point fingers, trump is out to get me, chinese made the virus to kill me, he stabbed me, she kissed me, i got a disease, nope, its in my mind. Pain is in the mind. Pleasure is in the mind, love and hate also.. and everything else, all in my mind. He and she too. Now i might think im reading the words written by some nutcase on the internet, oh wait a min, im reading my mind, im reading myself, and hearing myself, touching myself, seeing myself, feeling myself, i can only feel the things in me. Whatever i feel is me. NOW thats just CRAZY? All thats around is not actually there? My mom, dad, dog, trump, chinese, aliens, corona, whatever Thats NUTS. They are already there right? Then i See, right? Oh no, wait a sec. Thats what i say when i dream. I see, So its there. I SEE it first , THEN it happens, not the other way around. If i turn my senses off there is nothing. Or i can change myself, change into different states, different channels, then the drama changes too. I make it all up. I make sally and john up, then i say sally is good and john is bad, then they fight inside me. Suddenly, one became two, two became four and tens and thousands and billions and trillions. I make it all up, i judge and divide myself, i fight and kill myself. Then i feel pain. But im so braindead, so fucking dumb, i dont understand it. I keep doing it and making things even worse. I dont understand, Outside is just the a reflection of within, i still dont understand it, i keep judging and dividing without realizing what im doing to myself, that its all happening within me and making a living hell out of myself. No, im too distracted, by outside illusions that i made for myself, the matter i made out of the matrix of mind, too drugged, too fucking unconscious, i dont notice. I notice alright, i just pretend to be asleep, to be blind. How can i not feel it? Its happening inside myself. But then, I play this role, this game so perfectly, i even fool myself. Im that good. Now im so tired of this bullshit, i made up Corona. Now i will force myself to sit alone and feel my mind, but no.. Even sitting alone in the home i distract myself with shit(NOT FOR LONG) So that i dont feel the truth, i dont feel everything in me. All hells and heavens in me, all that i judged and divided, Inside me. Nope i dont want to feel it. The illusion of i, that am something seperate from everything will die. I will feel everything in me. And its too much. Then i will see myself in others, feel myself in others, but thats no fun, i like to judge and divide and fight and kill. But i feel the pain now, its getting too much. When i dump crap around, when it stinks and rots, i stink and rot. Because it is me and i am it. indivisible. So i reap what i sow, what i cause, affects me, i poison it, i poison myself, i divide it, i divide myself, i break it, i break myself, then i feel lonely and depressed, then all of me feels lonely and depressed, but i, dont want to admit it, i blame corona, or trump, or chinese, Gawd orwhatever but myself for this mess i made for myself. BUT ITS THE STATE OF MY MIND THAT MAKES ME MISERABLE, Not Corona, not trump, not this or that. Those things are just helping me to see the truth, driving me into my mind to see it. Not causing it. What i feel, Is My Mind. And its inner state is so crappy, i myself dont like my company. And i wonder why i feel so crappy all the time? I just point fingers. Instead of realizing the truth. Instead of feeling the state of mind. Because of distractions, i never feel it. And i make the world with the mind. Since its state is crappy, i manifest a crappy world around, 'I' will keep up with this bullshit for idk a few more years. Things will get more and more hellish. It doesnt take much intelligence to figure out whats going to happen after corona, its common sense. 'everything is going to be alright' right, sure. Dream on. Who am i kidding? Myself? With this state of mind? There is only one way out of it, the way out, is, Within, Everything is. I can judge and analyze the dream all i want, it wont do shit, until i realize im the dreamer and learn to dream things up consciously, Instead of unconsciously dreaming nightmares out of the mind. I create the worlds with my mind. I need to realize what i am first, to do it consciously. To be it, whatever i think i am, has to die. 'I, the Ego' has to die, to enter that state. And thats what going to happen. To every single 'I's on this planet. Thers no other way left but to FORCE A MASS AWAKENING. And its gonna hurt like HELL when 7 billon egos has to break open, to feel one with everything around, To feel all the pain 'i' have caused, and to never do it ever again, i have to be FORCED to feel it. To never judge and hate and divide, thats the only way. And its hapenning

#9 hotncold, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  10. hotncold

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    "Once there was a Great Ocean. All of existence was birthed from this Great Ocean, lived off this Great Ocean, and returned back to this Great Ocean. As it was in the beginning, millions upon millions of tiny rivers sprung from this Great Ocean. Each river snaked across the land like delicate veins. But one day a great drought came. No one saw it coming. The scorching sun dried up each snaking river so greatly that they all turned into lakes. No longer were they connected to the Great Ocean, so they felt great loneliness and isolation. As time went by, each little lake became more and more depressed, forgetting the Great Ocean. One day, a shaman came to drink from one of the lakes. He noticed that it was depressed. “Why are you so sad?” he asked. The lake, despondent and gloomy responded, “Because I am nearly dried up and there is little water left. Time is running out. Soon I will be gone forever.” The Shaman peered intently at the lake and laughed hysterically. “Silly lake, don’t you know that you are connected to the Great Ocean? Although you change, you are changeless. Your water evaporates and returns back to the Great Ocean. It is then reborn, repurposed, and redistributed. How can you live or die? You are birthless and deathless. You are in all things. YOU ARE ALL THINGS”

11. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +489 / 0 / -5
    We thank you hotncold for the spiritual dissertation however, we disagree.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 26, 2020 ---
    "The Bible warned us. The Anunnaki warned us. The Sumerians warned us. Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us. John F. Kennedy warned us. The Great Spirit warned us”
    Ah Audry, I agreed totally until you got to the above. No Great Spirit, Anunnki or whoever could have anticipated so stupid and evil a mutation as Trump. Possibly the only figure who could have done so is the Biblical Satan.

#11 john1010101, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  12. hotncold

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    'We' agree :D 

13. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    Jingle bells? Claire?

14. cosmicresetbutton

cosmicresetbutton ForksaShittySpoon
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I dont think she knows how to ban -_-

15. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    Barefoot reversed the ban. He's a grumpus, but I'm not the only one who reads and likes your posts. So you know, I didn't ask him to reverse the ban -- somebody else did.

Hugs,
    Aud

16. cosmicresetbutton

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    'Once upon a time, Long long ago, There was this farmer who was tired of various natural factors ruling the quality of his crop. So, one day he called God and said, “I am tired of all the natural nonsense happening. Obviously you are not a farmer. You don't know what it means to farm so why don’t you leave nature in my hands? I am a farmer. I know when it should rain, I know when there should be sunlight, I know everything. You are definitely not a good farmer. Everything is happening at the wrong times. You leave it to me. God was in one of those moods, so he said, “Okay, nature is in your hands.” Then the farmer planned his crop. So he calls out “Rain!” And it rains. He pokes the land with his finger and sees, “Okay it's soaked up to six inches,” “Stop!” Then he ploughed his field and planted maize seeds and waited for two days, “Rain!” then “Sunlight!” One day he was working in the field so, “Cloud!” Everything just happened the way he wanted, and a beautiful maize crop came. He was overjoyed. When it was time for the harvest, he wanted to see that no birds come. He was surprised about that because when he said, “No birds!” – no birds came. He went down to his fields to harvest the maize but when he looked at the crop, there was no grain on the plants. Then he thought “What the hell is this? What did I do wrong?” He couldn’t figure it out because he had managed everything – rain, water and sunshine – properly. He called God again and asked, “I did everything right but there is no grain. Did you sabotage my crop?” --“I have been watching; you were in- charge so I didn’t want to interfere. The rain was great, the sunshine was great, everything was fine but you stopped all the winds. I used to always send fierce winds which would threaten your crop but because the plants felt pushed and threatened, they put their roots deeper into the earth and so grain happened. Now you have a great maize crop but no maize” , Said God'

17. cosmicresetbutton

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    'Cherry Blossom and the Misty Moon --- It happened about a very famous Zen woman, her name was Rengetsu…. Very few women have attained to the Zen ultimate. This one is one of those rare women. She was on a pilgrimage, and she came to a village at sunset and begged for lodging for the night, but the villagers slammed their doors. They were against Zen. Zen is so revolutionary, so utterly rebellious, that it is very difficult to accept it. By accepting it you are going to be transformed; by accepting it you will be passing through a fire, you will never be the same again. So traditional people have always been against ALL that it true in religion. Tradition is all that is untrue in religion. So those must have been traditional Buddhists in the town, and they didn’t allow this woman to stay in the town; they threw her out. It was a cold night, and the old woman with no lodging… and hungry. She had to make a cherry tree in the fields her shelter. It was really cold, and she could not sleep well. And it was dangerous too — wild animals and all. At midnight she awoke — because of too much cold — and saw, as it were, in the spring night sky, the fully opened cherry blossoms laughing to the misty moon. Overcome with the beauty, she got up and made a reverence in the direction of the village…. This is what TATHATA IS. Overcome with the beauty, she got up and made a reverence in the direction of the village: Through their kindness in refusing me lodging I found myself beneath the blossoms on the night of this misty moon. She feels grateful. With great gratitude she thanks those people who refused her lodging, otherwise she would be sleeping under an ordinary roof, and she would have missed this blessing — these cherry blossoms, and this whispering with the misty moon, and this silence of the night, this utter silence of the night. She is not angry, she accepts it. Not only accepts it, welcomes it — she feels grateful. A man becomes a Buddha the moment he accepts all that life brings with gratitude. He is on the Way, he is on Tao'

18. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    You're beautiful!

Love,
    Auds

19. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,286 / 1 / -36
    If memory serves, his name was Utnapishtim.

Global disasters do tend to get us thinking about the ultimate "meaning" of everything -- but "meaning" is a peculiarly human construct. (My dog has never mentioned it, and he's a peculiarly philosophical canine.)

Meanwhile, a lot of us have been giving a lot more thought to the prospect of death lately., and it occurred to me that I don't have a "bucket list." Giving it a just a little more thought, I couldn't think of anything worth putting in the effort at this late stage of the game. My primary hope for my inevitable demise is that it's efficient enough so that I don't notice when it's happening. Surprise! You're dead!

Yeah, I'm depressed too -- but I'd still like to join you for some karaoke one of these remaining days.

20. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

Ratings:
    +3,579 / 0 / -38
    In about a month (if all goes well), I'm going to start a Karaoke club at home, with all the necessary precautions including separate foam windscreens for each person to use on the microphone (I'll sterilize them in between parties). Everybody BYO everything. I figure 6 guests in my living room will keep people a good 4' apart (original guideline). I'm going to call it the Covid Karaoke Club. If you're ever in my area, give a shout and I'll reserve you a spot.

Hugs,
    Audry

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.