1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I'm a Hetero Male Dating a Bi-woman. Need advice!

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by Parry Liss, Mar 14, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Parry Liss

Parry Liss Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am a Heterosexual Male who is currently in a relationship with a bisexual woman. We have been dating for about a little over 3 months and are in college. She came out to me after I asked her if she was. I was kind of surprised when she told me that she was (though I completely accept anyone who is LGBT+). I know that there are stereotypes and stigmas regarding bi-sexual people (ie. wanting three-somes, wanting open-relationships, etc.), and those definitely are not true for everyone. I have also read articles about bi women and their experiences with hetero-men. Many of those experiences were positive as well. I completely respect the fact that she is bi, and I want her to be able to be herself around me, and she has also never been with a woman and I believe she has never had an sexual experiences with women as well, but I probably would never be open to her experiencing anything sexually with females while we are together. My whole life, I never considered or ever thought of dating a bi-woman, so I am very insecure in this relationship. With this in mind, I want to know- how to cope with this. I've expressed to her a lot of my feelings towards this and she's said that she doesn't feel the need to experiment, or branch out, but I know that there are women out there who want to have some sexual interactions with other females even when in a relationship with a hetero-male, eventually in the future. I overthink constantly that she will eventually feel this way, and think about breaking-up because I feel as if she would be better off without me. We love each other very much, and we make each other happy but I want her to completely be herself, with or without me. I constantly have these heart-wrenching thoughts. She's is trying her best to keep my thoughts at ease every time I bring this topic up or anything else. What should I do, or what are people's thoughts?

Thank you.

#1 Parry Liss, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. Alsthom
    Inactive

Alsthom Trans lesbian girl
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 0 / -1
    I think you should have an honest and deep conversation with her about it, until you reach common ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Remme

Remme Just living life
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    If she tells you you have nothing to worry about then believe her. It’s honestly the same as if you were dating a straight girl. Would be constantly worried she would leave you for another guy.
    I’m a bisexual women and dating a lesbian. We’ve had this same conversation. She is sometimes worried that I will miss being with or want to be with a man. I’ve told her many times that if we were to ever break up it wouldn’t never be because of the persons sex.
    You have to be confident in your relationship and yourself. You also need to trust her when she says that you guys are ok and that she wants to be with you. Confidence is probably one of the most attractive things about people(I believe). It can also very draining and wearing to have to continue to reassure someone. If you ever want to talk feel free to message. I hope this helps.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,850 / 1 / -34
    A straight woman can cheat on you with a man as easily as a bi woman can cheat on you with a woman (or another man!) The key to any relationship is trust, and the fact that she's bi doesn't change that at all. If you wouldn't worry about her cheating with a man, there's no reason to worry about her cheating with a woman.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.