1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

If you could write one bill to make into a law?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by CK1990, Nov 22, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 16 users.
  1. CK1990
    Mellow

CK1990 Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    If you had the opportunity to write one bill into a law what would you write and why?

2. vegandreama

vegandreama Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    I'm afraid I'm split 3 ways banning abortion, banning factory farming and banning animal based research.

3. Zannan
    Elated

Zannan Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1
    I would like to pass an abortion act.

The proceedings of the bill would start with sex education dictating, starting from 9 until a kid graduates from high school, the kid must have sexual education which cannot be opted out of.

The sexual education must include detailed puberty and how to handle it, how the benefits and drawbacks of birth control and how to use them including gay and lesbian and transgender people. No mention of abstinence education, religious values, or disgusted or discriminatory speech is allowed.

By graduation all students will be required to demonstrate they know how to have safe sex, if proven they don't know how to, they must take a descriptive sex ed class on their own time and if the majority of a school's graduating class does not demonstrate safe sex abilities in the knowledge of safe sex, the teachers will be retrained along with anybody on the school's payroll and if two years+ of this happens, the school will be evaluated to see if they are teaching safe sex.

If it is determined they are not, they will be shut down and students moved to a new school. The teachers will lose their teaching license for two years and anybody on the school's payroll will not be allowed to teach or do any job in a school for two years. There will be no exceptions for any private school or homeschooling. If homeschooling is proven not to be teaching safe sex, whoever is homeschooling will be fined and the homeschooled kids required to attend public school.

Under the abortion act, birth control may be prescribed without parents permission and will be able to get from a doctor. No non-religious doctor may refuse to prescribe birth control for someone planning to be sexually active and if a doctor may not prescribe birth control on religious grounds, they must refer the patient to a doctor who will prescribe birth control. And let the doctor know in advance that the person will see them and must make sure the referral is accessible to the patient.

If the doctor does not do this, they will be fined and barred from practicing medicine for life.

Birth control may not cost more than 10 dollars over what it cost to make it. And birth control access must be aviable at all times.

If a women gets pregnant and wants an abortion, she has until the babies heartbeat forms to get an abortion though she may choose to put the baby through adoption or give it up to a family and may perform this in secret at a hospital. No doctor is allowed to pressure someone to receive or not have an abortion or tell anyone besides the women's partner and if needed law enforcement of the women's decision. He may only update medical records in regards to the abortion.

A nonviable pregnancy may be terminated at all times, it is not subject to the heartbeat rule.

A women who has an abortion will be able to receive non-biased affordable counseling to help her through the abortion process and after the abortion if she needs it. This service may not be denied. If needed a payment plan may be set up for the women. The father may attend the session if she allows him. If she doesn't allow the father to attend, he may go on his own time.

In a case the women is in prison for a violent crime and is pregnant, the father can decide if he wants full custody of the baby, as long as he did not commit a violent crime and has enough funds to care for the child, if so, he automatically receives full custody and the women will pay child support from the 10% money she has if any. However, the man can ask for no child support and may also ask for the mom to have no contact with the child.

If the father says he doesn't want the kid or if both parents are deemed unfit, relatives who are deemed fit will be asked if they want the child, if no relative wants the child or all relatives are deemed unfit to parent, the child will be put up for adoption as women in prison for violent crimes will not be allowed to abort.

If at any point it is proven a birthed child is not the supposed father's, if known the biological father will be contacted. If the person who is not the father wants to stop child support/parental duties, he may do so and may be wiped off the birth certificate, however if he wishes to be in the child's life, a custody arrangement with him will be made as long as he has not committed a violent crime. The biological father may also request to be in the child's life if he meets the same criteria and if yes he will also receive a custody arrangement and possibly an amount to pay in child support.

If the biological father says no, then what was done was done and he has no responsibility to the child.

4. Barefoot
    Inactive

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,929 / 2 / -12
    Healthcare will be nonprofit based and universal for all including drugs, all medical supplies, prosthetics and mobility assistance items with no fees or co-pays.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Zannan
    Elated

Zannan Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1
    I wouldn't want universal healthcare due to the fact people could easily abuse the system like that. Therefore clogging up the system. Calling ambulances when they don't need them because they don't want to drive, drug seekers scheduling doctor appointments they don't need for drugs (granted people do these anyway but, at least they have a bill to pay afterward).

I would prefer affordable healthcare, but certainly not universal healthcare.

6. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar (10+13)/2=11.5%(225)=26amps
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +473 / 1 / -3
    Out law Joint Bank Accounts

7. AudryLeigh
    Curious

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,480 / 0 / -29
    I'd scrap all laws and return to the constitution.

8. Barefoot
    Inactive

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,929 / 2 / -12
    My legislation would ban orange haired old rich men from public office.

9. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,692 / 1 / -33
    I want to redistribute the wealth through a system of very progressive taxation, including a negative income tax to subsidize the poor. Some people are just too goddamned rich while others are barely scraping by. (Angel breaks into a chorus of "The Internationale" about now...)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  10. AudryLeigh
    Curious

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,480 / 0 / -29
    How about a law making it illegal for professional politicians and lawyers to running for office? And filthy rich people.

11. vegandreama

vegandreama Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    I agree with that. I'm against ALL abortion after the heart beat as I think that's when the soul enters the body. I also agree with sex education and free use of contraceptions including the morning after pill.

12. Crystalwolf

Crystalwolf Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    It'd be called, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

It's application? If someone tried to rob you, then got legal about defending that, it'd serve as a "hah, no. Screw you, jerk."

#12 Crystalwolf, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  13. Wray
    Musical

Wray Older bisexual male
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Term limits for senators and congressmen.

14. ~Dusky~
    Fine

~Dusky~ Ghost-Type
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -2
    A bill repealing the unconstitutional garbage known as the Patriot Act.

15. BiBiLife
    Caffeine Fix

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The ERA! I cannot for the life of me fathom why a simple amendment guaranteeing equal rights for all is dead on the floor :mad: 

And universal healthcare. No more choosing between buying prescriptions or buying food. Accessible contraception has been shown to decrease abortion rates: https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/access-to-free-birth-control-reduces-abortion-rates/
    And trans people should get the hormones and surgeries they need.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Taylor Graison
    Feminine

Taylor Graison Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    All high school students have to take and pass four semesters of Logic/Critical Thinking skills. After a few decades of that, the majority of the population will be able to actually THINK clearly and we'll avoid a host of problems.

#16 Taylor Graison, Feb 15, 2019 at 10:12 PM
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.