1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I want to move on

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Sidneyy, Feb 9, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Sidneyy

Sidneyy Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've had a crush on my best friend for years. Back in the days during our university years, whenever she calls, I will jump into my car and go meet her. I enjoyed every moment with her. But I've never tell her how I felt. During her final year, she decided to go oversea to continue her final year. We kept in touch thru facetime. She would call me up the first couple of months and it gets lesser and lesser. I decided to myself that I would confess to her on her graduation day. And one day I found out she got a bf. I decided to lessen my time msging her as I tot this would eventually help me move on.
    One year plus later, she came back, I tried not to get in touch with her so often as everytime I see her, I just felt pain in my chest. One year later with the news of she's getting married soon and she would like me to be her bridesmaid. Still old me, just jump right in and said yes thinking that I would've moved on now. But I guess not.
    It hurts so bad watching the person whom you like getting married right in front of you. I hide it with a smile throughout the whole day.
    She's been married for almost 2 years now. I have a bf too now. But sometimes I'll still miss her. Whenever I miss her, I still felt a pain in my heart.
    I really just wanna move on from her but sometimes when she needs someone to talk to, I'll always be there for her and getting myself hurt over and over again.
    Till these days, I just wanna get it off my chest and tell her that I love her but she's married and I don't wanna lose her even as friend.
    What can I do to move on from her?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Sweetandkind90

Sweetandkind90 Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Come talk to me ;)  maybe I can help to fall in love with someone else

3. Billie2319
    Fine

Billie2319 Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry it didn't work out with that girl. Maybe it's time to look for someone else? You said you have a boyfriend, but if you're not feeling it it might be time to try your luck with girls. Maybe if you find someone who likes you back in that way you'll be able to get over your crush. Good luck whatever happens!

4. Sidneyy

Sidneyy Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for taking the time to read. Yeah I do have a bf but we are currently in a long distance relationship. Maybe the distance has also made me feel the distance of our relationship.

5. Yulie

Yulie Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Keep fight,and never giveup.

Anyway,hi i'm from indonesia.Nice to meet you.

6. MD_Unicorn
    Transparent

MD_Unicorn I live on rainbows, dance in the clouds.
    Moderator Beloved Member

somewhere far from here... maybe on a rainbow
    Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    Hey sweetie,
    I have been in this situation before as I had a crush on my straight best friend. I told her and she said "that's cute" It took me a while to move on but I did. The people we like/love may not feel the same as we do towards them but we have to respect that. You move on when you feel ready and I know you will find an amazing person to share your feelings with, to be by your side on an adventure. I wish you the best *hugs*
    Love always,
    MD :) 

7. Sidneyy

Sidneyy Lurker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing your story. Really appreciate it. I know it's not gonna go anywhere with me confessing to her now, but sometimes I feel maybe I would feel free once I let her know. But I'm afraid that if I let her know, I might lose her as a friend too.

8. Love4Ever
    Breezy

Love4Ever Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    This is a hard place to be in. I’m in a similar situation only the reverse kinda. I’m gay but I have a close friend who has discovered recently she’s bisexual and she has a thing for me. Trouble is, I like her only as a friend so I had to let her down gently. It’s a hard situation on both parties because I know I feel bad about disappointing her, but I know she’s upset because I’m interested in another girl. I don’t have too much advice to give other than to go with your gut. It’s possible she may return your feelings, and if you feel you’d have regrets by not telling her than do so. My friend was honest with me and no matter how awkward it was I was grateful she was honest and I appreciated that. I’m someone who’d rather be told than not. Maybe she’d feel the same?

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.