1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I think my mom knows about me

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Legolessed, May 16, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Legolessed
    Cheerful

Legolessed a mess
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    So I came out to mysister a couple of months ago but have been super scared to tell my mom. The other day I made a Facebook account and set my profile as female. When she saw it she asked if I meant to do that, in panic I just shrugged and she never brought it up after that. A couple days later I was showing her something on my laptop and it fell asleep and to wake it up again I had to put in my password but she saw my username of Emma. Lately she hasn't been using any pronouns when reffering to me. I think she knows but I haven't like formally told her.... Every time I try to I chicken out and bring up something completely different.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 Legolessed, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Jayme82 Devoted Ambassador
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,253 / 0 / -3
    It does sound like she knows despite how hard we try to hide ourselves parents often figure it out before anyone else because they know us so well I wouldn't be concerned if it bothered her I think she might have confronted you by now with her objections but you know her best and since I don't only you would know if she could handle the news you want to tell her
    Alot of people I know came out to one or both parents and they told them they already knew and accepted them for who they are hopefully your mom will accept you she seems like she would and if she already knows at least your not dropping a major bomb on her out of nowhere which could be to your benefit
    I wish you luck in telling her one day and I hope when you do you get the reaction you are hoping for and you are accepted completely by her

3. Erin.b
    Feminine

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,218 / 1 / -3
    Not sure what toy sister is. I'm assuming it's feminine and you may have male plumbing.

This may actually be a good thing with your mom. I covered and repressed so well for forty years that it totally floored everyone in my family when I came out. Your mom is probably prepared for it when/if you do this way.

Love,
    -Erin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Cyan13
    Jaded

Cyan13 bach reincarnated
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I think she meant to my sister XD

5. Legolessed
    Cheerful

Legolessed a mess
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    Yeah. Rip

6. Erin.b
    Feminine

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,218 / 1 / -3
    Oh! Okay. There are so many identifiers and preferred pronouns now, that I was like "sure, why not." *shrug*

But that does make more sense. :) 

7. Legolessed
    Cheerful

Legolessed a mess
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    Sorry, to my sister xD most of my friends and I think family think I'm gay right now. I mean they aren't completely wrong but like don't really understand I don't think, unless I'm reading everything wrong

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.