1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I recently discovered myself

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by PinkFlamingo, Jun 26, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello there everybody!

I just need to get some stuff off of my chest.

So as the title says, I recently discovered myself, and it has honestly been a long time coming.
    To make a long story short, I started questioning my sexuality when I was around 15 years old, mainly because the close friend group I had at that time were all either Bisexual or Trans and they just seemed so sure and confident with themselves, while I was really struggling to find myself. For about a year I was sure that I was bisexual and even talked to a few of my friends about it and they were all very supportive, yet I never really came out to more than three people as I didn’t feel exactly right with that term. A lot happened in my life when I was 16, my grandmother died and I started a new school, and in the turmoil of it all I decided to just put my questions and speculations on hold. If someone asked about my sexuality I would say I was straight and not give it another thought. I have a gay friend and a bisexual friend who are both younger than me, but once again feel very at ease with who they are and have come out to our shared friend group as well as others, while I was still in some sort of denial because I didn’t feel like the term bisexual covered me entirely.

Fast forward to now, I’m turning 22 next month, and I must admit that I’ve been spending some time on Tik Tok where I stumbled upon a person who described themselves as Pansexual. And honestly, I had no idea what that was, so I googled the definition and something just clicked. It was like reading a description of myself and how I feel in terms of love and romance. I even distinctively remember telling my friend once that I didn’t care what was in a person’s pants as long as we had an emotional connection and felt safe with each other, that was really all that mattered to me. After having read a bit on google it also occurred to me that whenever I discovered that a person identified as non-binary it isn’t everybody who thinks, well romantically that doesn’t matter to me, but I think that, every single time.

I gotta admit that I felt a bit stupid after so many years of just not wanting to deal with myself and also a little scared of finally knowing what I am.

I’m pretty sure I have a preference for men, but if I were to form a potential romantic connection with a woman or anyone who labels themselves as something else, I wouldn’t mind at all, because I have always thought that it was the emotional connection and energy between two people that mattered the most In a relationship.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel much better now that I’ve gotten this out of my system!

Have a great day you guys!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • List
  2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 2 / -1
    You are a wonderful person and the fact that you are willing to have your heart and soul open to another human is beautify.

I also did not read this as a rant but a person who has grown over time.

Long hug and wishing you peace - Jo

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Terrellble_films

Terrellble_films Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That's amazing! Self discovery is wonderful. With in the last few years I have come to terms with my pansexuality as well. Still not out to anyone except on here but I commend your bravery and I hope that you find your true love that you deserve.

4. Doglover44
    Complacent

Doglover44 Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +399 / 0 / -1
    Thats great your discovering yourself

5. Adora_Grayskull
    Starving

Adora_Grayskull Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    What a wonderful discovery! Self-discovery really does takes time and it never is really easy. But when you know, you just know

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.