1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual - Male I need thoughts...

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by HappyToBIMe123, Feb 6, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. HappyToBIMe123

HappyToBIMe123 Grand King of The Apple Juices.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Okay I want to ask the community some things.... I identify as Bisexual but after really thinking about my life today I got into a panic. I Only started feeling Bi recently, and I am starting to wonder again. Sense I started feeling I was Bi due to a desired feeling that randomly occured and Some emotional and sexual prompts, I just assumed I was Bi. (Note I never knew what being Bi was before these signs). Is it wrong to want to be with a man aswell as a woman? I know now people tend to frown on that, saying Its a choose or something like that, but I just don’t know what’s going on right now, it scares me. I hope I don’t offend anyone with this, as that is not my intent, so I appologize if I do. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks so much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. BiBiLife
    Caffeine Fix

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    No, not at all. If you're already in a relationship, though, you'd want to check with how they feel about you exploring with another partner.

I hate how some people seem to think you have to "choose" between liking men or liking women. What's wrong with both? :D 

I know it's scary to explore expanding sexuality, I've just begun my bi journey. It's a process but so worth it to feel comfortable with yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. HappyToBIMe123

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Choice not choose lol
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2019 ---
    Thank you both so much, have wonderful week

#3 HappyToBIMe123, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,692 / 1 / -33
    Most likely,, you were bi all along -- but in an environment that pushes you to reject your same-sex impulses. Well, now they've pushed their way to the surface, so congratulations!

The only thing "wrong" with being bi is the stereotype of bisexuals as sex fiends. You're not likely to be attracted to any more people than if you were straight -- just a greater variety . The strength of your libido won't be twice that of somebody attracted only to one sex. Just like everybody else, you'll find some people sexually attractive and others not so. I call that "normal."

5. Stacy Darling

Stacy Darling Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1
    "We are attracted to whom ever we are attracted to !" Evolutionary Science!

You need to choose what happens in between. Love both sexes and do no harm to either!
    Stacy

6. Wray
    Musical

Wray Older bisexual male
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with being bisexual. It was NOT a choice. You (like myself) were wired that way in the womb. You should not feel any guilt about it, no more than someone should feel guilty about their eye color.

That said though, if you are not careful, there are choices you can make that can certainly cause you to have feelings of great guilt. For example, entering into a committed relationship with someone of one gender who prefers monogamy, and then "cheating" on that person by having discreet hook-ups with someone of the other gender.

But even that scenario can be relatively guilt-free depending on YOUR perspective. In my case, during my 15-year marriage (to a woman), I never told her I was bi. But, I also never had sex with anyone else during the marriage. Why? Because I would have felt guilty AF. Now, however, while single, I am in a discreet relationship with a guy who has a long-time GF who he very much loves and intends to marry. He is really a nice person and I do not think any less of him for what he is doing. I kind of envy him. He had the guts to say, "Life is too short. I'm having these bi-curious feelings and I want to explore them." Neither of us see it as cheating. There is ZERO chance that anything close to romantic love would develop between us. So, he feels no guilt what-so-ever. But that is HIM, and HIS perspective. Could YOU do the same thing and feel guiltless as well? If not, or if you are not sure, you need to be careful.

You are still pretty young. In your shoes, knowing what I know now, I would just have fun and enjoy my bisexuality as long as I could without entering into something too serious too soon. Try to find other bisexuals you can explore with. There's plenty of time later to find that one true love.

Being bi is a wonderful thing. I would not want to be anything else. But it's definitely a challenge.

7. HappyToBIMe123

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate the support/advice, and as bad as I want to know some Bisexuals and other lgbt in my life, idk if there are any nearby. rn. My gf broke up with me without doing it herself she is also bi. And tbh idrc It kinda just happened, but I do not know of many lgbt people in my area, but I am hoping one day to meet some and have more friends who are.

8. Aussie bi guy
    Cheerful

Aussie bi guy Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I had 2 boyfriends before I met my wife. When I was with my boyfriends I knew I still liked girls but only described myself as bisexual after coming out to my wife. It is now a comfort to me that my wife knows I like guys too after keeping it a secret for 20 odd years.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.