1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

I need... Relationship advice?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by menti, Jan 2, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. menti

menti Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So... Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a while now, as a joke though, but we just came out (she's bi and I'm pan, I just thought it'd be better to post it here) and the thing is, we want to... Make out? But I don't know how... As in not knowing how to start and what I should do. I have a bit of anxiety and that's what makes me doubt, because I really love her but I don't know what to do... I don't want to ruin it. Help me please!

2. Jade325
    Cheerful

Jade325 Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Has she ever shown any interest? Maybe said something that could hint towards her liking you at all? anything? Also, do you mean she wants to make out with you as well? that part confused me, sorry.

3. spreadpositivevibes

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well first thing is, if your both dating as a joke and quite don't understand eachother's feelings or just aren't aware of eachother's feelings and quite comprehending them you should talk with each other ask where you both think each other stand in eachother's lives and relationship wise. Also, if you both are willing to commit to something serious and don't want one simple day of making out to ruin or make things awkward, then take it slowly then. Again, once you both understand where you guys stand eachothers lives it might make a big difference.(hopefully nothing came off really harsh, :)  good luck.)

4. menti

menti Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :)  it really helped ❤

5. spreadpositivevibes

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No problem I am so glad I could help! :) 

6. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,128 / 0 / -14
    I don't really understand "dating as a joke" -- at least not over any extended period of time. Who's laughing?

To me, it sounds like both of you are very tentative because both of you are afraid of being hurt: "What if I really let myself fall for her and she's not serious at all?" Two people who feel that way can dance around each other for years, until one or both of them just gives up in frustration.

Making out could be the icebreaker the two of you need. A direct but still noncommittal way to broach the subject might be to say, "Did you ever actually make out with another girl? I'm really wondering what it would feel like."

Whatever she answers, you say, "Do you think we could try it?"

Even if neither of you knows what she's doing, I'm sure you'll figure out something. If it feels good, you'll do it again -- and get better with practice.

7. xAlicia19

xAlicia19 Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let it come naturally. Dont force making out with her, it'll just be awkward. Maybe play some music and talk for a while? Good Luck