1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender I need help..

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by eveylia, Jun 29, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. eveylia
    Worried

eveylia Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So ever since I turned 10 I've always preferred what girls wear and basically everything about girls. I came out as Gay when I turned 15, I'm now 17 and have come out as Transgender. I'm still unsure what to do next. My family is all really accepting but I find it awkward. I do not have any friends to talk about it to/with... so I'm really confused and scared of what to do next? I'm scared of being treated differently in this world but I really just want to be myself. I have a slight feeling that because I'm now 17 it's too late to become who I really want to be. If any of you here could help point me in the right direction and give me advice on how and what to do next... Id really love that. I'm just scared.

2. starlightprincess

starlightprincess Dedicative Advisor
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -1
    Hey, I am so sorry you've been feeling so scared<3 I will say though, I think its wonderful that your family is so supportive. That's going to be a huge asset to you going forward, and will help you so much. I guess it depends on how far you want to go with transitioning. Do you or have you started hormones, do you want to have surgery done? Not everyone wants to go as far as surgery, but some people do because they feel more comfortable fully transitioning. Its really just up to you and what you prefer/feel comfortable with. I don't know if you've been to the doctor to talk about your options, but that could be a great next step. I promise you, it is not too late to be who you want to be. You should always have the freedom to be who you want to be and it looks like you've been making steps towards that for many years now. Anyone who does not accept you now or later doesn't matter, you don't need that negativity. People who truly care about you and love you will stay<3 In fact, i'm willing to bet they will love you even more, because you'll be happier. You're also very young still, 17 is not old lol. I guess that's another thing to talk to the doctor about as well, because there's still a lot of change that will happen for you. Not as much change as when you were going into your teens, but still some change. But anyway, If you ever need anything at all, i'm always around<3 There's many people on the site too that I hope see this and respond who have gone through similar things and may be able to give more insight than I can and maybe some friendships will come from that<3

3. Tights_and_Skirts
    Tired

Tights_and_Skirts That Girl
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +762 / 0 / -2
    It’s not too late, it really isn’t. Assuming you’re from the UK, you can’t start the process of transition until you’re 17 anyway (in most cases).

What you need to do now is get a diagnosis of gender dysphoria. This can be through your GP or a therapist (NHS or private), but your GP will have to be involved too. After this, your GP can refer you to a gender identity clinic. Unfortunately, waiting times for these are very long - several years for most.

Once you get your initial appointment however, they aim to move relatively quickly onto treatments, which include hormone replacement therapy which is taking oestrogen that will shift your body fat around and change your figure, as well as develop breasts. To get SRS (bottom surgery), you need to have lived as your new identity for a year.

It’s a long journey, but by no means too late.
    Ginny xxx

4. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,041 / 2 / -1
    You kind person are not to late. I accepted Me at age 62.

I have been wearing women's clothes for over two years and have been supported by many. That does not mean I do not get mean or worse comments and my father tells me I belong in hell - I am so happy as Me, the comments mean nothing.

Just love and accept you and grow from there.

Start a conversation with me if you wish.

Peace and love to you - Jo

5. JulietH

JulietH Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Too late, at 17? No, I started in my mid-late 20s!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.