1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

I NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by SaltyChild, Aug 8, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. SaltyChild

SaltyChild GaySatan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have 14 years old Asexual friend whose Mother doesn't accept it and wants to throw them away. They don't have any other family members that are willing to help them. What should they do?

2. AudryLeigh
    Alone

AudryLeigh tGirl and Dedicated Advisor
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +610 / 0 / -12
    Go to the nearest children's social service agency, or to Child Protective Services - now.

Hugs,
    Audry

3. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Badass

CoffeeUnicorn34 Bakura◆Your Friendly Neighborhood Badass
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +808 / 0 / -1
    I'm in accordance with Audry, GO! Seek out help from your nearest Social Worker or Child Protection Services, just get help sweetie!

4. WiKKiTsoul
    Yeehaw

WiKKiTsoul Healing...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 0 / -4
    i just looked it up and says lgbt relations were legalized in 1993 there so i would seek help either with child services or a support group within the lgbt community if you are in Vilnius, Kaunas or Klaipeda. they might have representatives that can take legal action.

5. DoomCookie
    Alone

DoomCookie Huh?
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +339 / 1 / -2
    Well she certainly won't be getting my vote for Mother of the Year...

I hope your friend will be ok. It has got to be a pretty rough time for them right now and they're lucky to have you to listen and look out for them. Good luck with social services and don't forget to tell your friend to check out this forum for support and advice while they're dealing with everything. :) 

6. PaxAeon
    Artistic

PaxAeon Bene Gesserit
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +870 / 0 / -16
    `
    As you live in Lithuania and I'm not familiar with the laws there, I'm hesitant in giving any direct advice. However, a good starting point with be the "Lithuanian Gay League" which may offer you advice as to your options there. Good luck.
    `