1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual - Female I need help with coming out

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by Dream, Sep 8, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Dream
    Holy Shit

Dream s t r e s s e d

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is by far one of the hardest things I'll ever have to do.

Some conflicts: My family (including me) is Christian. I don't believe in the "same sex relationships are wrong" thing though because honestly it's just stupid. Love is love regardless of race, gender, color, etc. But my family isn't on the same side of me with that. Please help me!

2. RiverChrone
    Doh

RiverChrone In the gray zone between she and he
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Have you heard about the Reconciled in Christ program? That's what it's called in the Chicago area, but probably goes by other names in other places. It's a program in which churches work through the idea of being accepting of same sex relationships. I don't know if you can find such a program in your area and maybe talk to someone associated with it. Even if your own family church wouldn't be open to it, the person would have a lot of experience in dealing with Christian objections to same sex relationships and have advice about how to handle the talk.

My mom was involved in that program. She was a person who went from church to church with other Christian parents of gay children, telling their stories and accepting questions from the church members.

Great quote in your sig!
    All the best to you with this difficult step.
    -- Sue

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Shannyface
    Festive

Shannyface Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I agree there are probably support groups in your church you can go to with your parents to make them understand better. If they are too closed minded about it to accept then that makes difficult but it is their problem if they don't accept you for who you are.

4. Dream
    Holy Shit

Dream s t r e s s e d

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! Once school work and other stuff dies down I'll definitely be open to doing this!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.