1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I joined the Army

Discussion in 'Important life issues other than LGBT' started by MaybSterben, Jul 1, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. MaybSterben
    Sleepy

MaybSterben /( >≡꓃≡< )\
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Hi, so I don't know if anyone remembers me, it's been awhile since I was last on here. So anyways...
    The Army is something I always thought about doing, in fact I got real close last year to joining until some life issues came up. But I finally did it, I'm officially sworn in and ship out to Basic in August. The thing is that I'm not sure if I'm ready for it anymore and I don't think I have any option anymore. I can't afford rent/food/bills at the only place I've worked for more than a year, they have been "talking about a raise" for nearly 3 months now and I'm still making only minimum wage. On the other hand, I'm no longer in the shape I used to be in, I just can't keep up with anyone. I can't even get myself to exercise and take care of myself because everything is raising my anxiety which triggers my high functioning depression.

An up side tho is that I've recently rediscovered my love for dressing girly, and found the confidence to post pictures of myself.

I really don't know what I'm asking, guess I just needed to get it off my chest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Barefoot
    Twisted

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,534 / 2 / -12
    Take full advantage of what they offer, especially education. It's a chance to learn something that will pay well in civilian life when you return to it. If you like it, you may make it a lifetime job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. FTM
    Sarcastic

FTM Justin
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    What barefoot said. You can get them to pay for college and stuff after you serve. If trans people were allowed in the military, I would probably join up. Also, so long your not, like 400 pounds overweight :D  being in shape isn't a super big deal.

#3 FTM, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. BiBearSSNV
    Caffeine Fix

BiBearSSNV Daddy Bear
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    The being in shape is not a huge issue, you will get through it believe me, they will make it happen. The military is great for vocation too. They train you in such a way that employers know are a great choice after you get out. Also, who knows, you may actually like it and be able to retire earlier than the average.

I was in the Navy and it was one of the best choices I ever made in my life. Not only for the brother/sisterhood you will become a part of, but for the increase in self reliance and confidence that will serve you for the rest of your life.

Good luck! You'll do just fine!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.