1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I have no idea what I am

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by Taito, Jan 13, 2021.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Taito

Taito Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I am a new user and kinda new to all the gender identities so please excuse me if I say anything wrong.

okay...I know I am bisexual asexual (literally I hate the idea of sex while I still find people attractive) but for the last two years or so...the idea of me not being completely female grew out of proportions. Out of the closet for the world, still in the closet for my family (bc they are homophobic af).

Basically the problem I have is...I have no idea what to do with my gender. I was born a female but raised as a tomboy (camping, survival skills, not afraid to touch a frog or a snake,...).
    For the last few years I don't really feel like a girl...

I mean I love having some curves and showing off in a dress or wearing a skirt to show them off...But at the same time I always hated having secondary sexual characteristics of a woman. Breasts were always really unnatural to me (on my own body) and I hate how I look as I got quite wide hips since hitting puberty.
    Also I would feel more comfortable as a boy in a relationship rather than a girl....I hate being a girl and in a relationship...Have no idea why....

Also I don't think I would like myself if I went through transition and become a man.
    I have been reading and educating myself about different gender identities but I just got really scared and I wish for some help to what maybe I am.
    If anyone can show me into a direction I would be very thanful.

Thanks

2. Tzap

Tzap Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +642 / 0 / -0
    Hello Taito and welcome to the forum that passes no judgements and shows no prejudice.
    I can't offer any advice or any help, without doing an internet search which you probably have done already. I just wanted to let you know someone has heard you.
    I know for definite there are plenty friendly caring people here that will be able to help you and set your mind at ease. All I can do is offer a warm welcome.
    Stay safe ;) 

3. Rocinante

Rocinante Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    I highly recommend you seek counseling. Not because there is anything wrong with you, because a skilled counselor trained in gender identity can help you open up doors that lead you towards finding your own answers. Sometimes we can get stuck in a self reflection feedback loop trying to figure things out on our own. Speaking with a professional allows you to really let out all the things you are feeling with no fear of judgment.

Ultimately you have to decide all of this for yourself. However, seeking professional help can jumpstart that resolution process.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.