1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I have dating anxiety... Help?

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by Rosie, Feb 12, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Rosie

Rosie Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have so much anxiety about dating people because of my bisexuality. I feel like if the first person I ever date is a man, people will regard my sexuality as “just a phase,” as is the most common thought towards bisexual people. However, if I end up dating a girl, I feel as though people will treat me differently and will only focus on that aspect of my life. I’m only officially out to a few people but I don’t really hide my sexuality, but because of these thoughts I’m afraid to date anyone and I honestly don’t know what to do or if this is normal. Any advice or sharing of your own experiences would be greatly appreciated and help to normalize my experience. Thanks y’all.

2. 18Chloe

18Chloe Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Rosie I’m new to all this so your doing better then me I don’t even know what I am to be honest I’m so scared to even want to know what I am I can’t speak to no one because too scared so how did u know you were bisexual?

3. Sara Lance
    Breezy

Sara Lance a realist with ideals
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The first person I dated was a guy, I didn't tell him I was bi. We broke up in the end because we weren't really compatible people. Anyway I think that the experience was actually pretty useful because I learnt how to date, and how to be with someone, without having the elephant in the room of my bisexuality. Even though I was hiding a part of myself I definitely felt under a lot less pressure. And now I think I feel under a lot less pressure about dating someone of either gender because the whole experience isn't new to me anymore. So I'd only have one thing to be nervous about getting into a relationship, not two

ANyway that's my advice :) 

4. Chicken tikka

Chicken tikka Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You’re still bi whether you are with a guy or if you are with a guy. Try not to over-think it. Be true to yourself and love the one you are with x
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2018 ---
    Oops I meant guy or girl ...haha

5. Emerald13

Emerald13 Kitty
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  6. Hudson2324

Hudson2324 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.