1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I don't know who I am

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by SourMilk, Jun 30, 2020 at 4:04 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. SourMilk

SourMilk SourMilk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I've just joined this chat and I just wanted to vent and see if anyone here can help me.

I am biologically a female and 18 years old. When I hit puberty I had some gender dilemmas and I thought I wanted to be a guy. I dressed like a guy etc and as I grew up I shrugged it off as being hormonal.

But now I am 18 and I still have my days where I want to be a guy but I am also happy being a girl too. I don't know what I am it's like some days I wish I was born a man but then other days I'm content in my skin. It's like my brain can't decide what it wants. It's like one day I wish I coukd cut my hair short and just be masculine but I know that in a few days time I'd wanna be more feminine and have long hair. It's so difficult at the minute because I just wish there was a switch where u could flick between being make and female whenever you liked...

Anyway I wrote this because I wanted to know if anyone understands how I feel and can tell me if there's something wrong in my brain. Thank you

2. Tzap

Tzap Well-Known Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Nothing wrong with you at all. You and your feelings are totally normal.
    All I know is what I've read, so I may be totally wrong and get my head bitten off by someone here for saying something wrong.
    I believe you fit the label stating genderfluidity, (although I hate labels and they don't tell the real you), feelings that switch between male and female stances. At the same time I also believe if most of us was to be totally honest we could all say we have HAD these feelings/thoughts of being the opposite gender (I have anyway, checking in the mirror how I would look without my parts by tooking away)

So you are perfectly normal.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.