1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I don't know who I am and it is driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Katie Kate, Jun 30, 2020 at 7:19 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Katie Kate

Katie Kate Lurker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm 19 and I don't know who I am.
    From 16 I understood that I was queer as I was attracted to girls, so I simply assumed that I was bi. As the years went on I realised that I definitely liked girls but was questioning how much I liked men. From when I realised I liked girls it made sense, I could imagine myself being with a girl (sexually, romantically and in long term relationships,) but I have realised that I cannot imagine the same things with men. In fact, even the thought of doing anything other than hugging a guy I get freaked out. The issue is that I will still see a guy around that I think are attractive, but it not a "he's hot I want to be with him" it's a "he's hot." and I will continue on with my day. This is what is making me go crazy, I don't know if this makes me bi, or if it's *normal* for a lesbian to feel like that. I don't know if these thoughts are admiration of the man's beauty or attraction.
    I'm someone who needs to know what things are and to be able to give a title or identification to it in order to function. I don't know if I'm bi or lesbian.

2. unicorndice
    No Mood

unicorndice Helpful Member
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    You can still be a lesbian but acknowledge or notice that some men are attractive without wanting to be in a relationship with them or have sex with them.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Katie Kate

Katie Kate Lurker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, this really helps!

4. ToniLes87
    Sleepy

ToniLes87 Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    I'm a lesbian but this doesn't mean I don't find some men hot. I'm just not attracted to them at all. It's more like "if I were a man I would like to be like him" kind of feeling. I hope this helps :) 

5. Akchaya
    Flirty

Akchaya Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hey katie kate. Just to let you kow i feel the exact same. A great part of being queer is that there is no specific label, and that is really helpful since i am always constantly changing my mind. sexuality is a really confusing to wrap your head around. I'm guessing even if 20 years go by, i will still be unsure of my sexuality. I would love to talk to you about identity crisis, so ,if you want, reach out and maybe we can help each other with how to deal with this confusion!!!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.