1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

I don't know if anyone will understand

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by DrivenByHope, Nov 23, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. DrivenByHope
    Balanced

DrivenByHope When the eighth played his piece revealed light
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -1
    The more I try and get to know people the more I begin to ask myself how I much I actually have in common with people. It feels almost like everyone I knew in my life I really had nothing in common I mean I've met nice people both here and in real life but I wonder how much I ever had in common with anyone kind if like the world's just slipping away.

It kind of feels odd I'm not sure if anyone will understand or make sense of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Bornunderabadsign
    Balanced

Bornunderabadsign Enby on the loose!
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,677 / 0 / -1
    I often have similar thoughts and I have to remind myself that there are people that have experienced things similar to me. They share those experiences with me and thus should be able to understand me if they have any empathy at all.

As for the feeling of the world slipping away. I don't know how it is with you but with me it is often because I'm having an episode of dissociation.

3. DrivenByHope
    Balanced

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -1
    It just kind of feels like I'm losing my mind the other night I was having a vape then I couldn't move my legs not matter how hard I tried I was staring up at the night sky felt sort of fuzzy everything was fading and I was being dragged out of my body for a brief moment I felt like I could move outside of it. That's kind of what I was meaning about the world slipping away it's not common it happens but it does happen. Sort of like I'm dying I'll just look at my lifeless body idk it's kind of screwed up

4. Bornunderabadsign
    Balanced

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,677 / 0 / -1
    I've felt like that before. It is often a more extreme form of dissociation.

5. DrivenByHope
    Balanced

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -1
    God there must be so much wrong with me I think it'll be easier if couldn't feel a thing.

6. Bornunderabadsign
    Balanced

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,677 / 0 / -1
    I understand that feeling. You just got to take it day by day and find something to work towards.

7. Wonderer33

Wonderer33 Let's take a ride...

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My dear friend, you wouldn't believe how many of us felt the same way. If you want to talk, pm me, i would really like to hear from you.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.